Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: KK

I was thinking about this hand last night because I was in the minority opinion about it. I do think my opinion is wrong because of the following.

Let's say that a passive guy like this will bet a draw or other hand worse than your's 10% of the time here. You will also improve to trips here about 8% by the river (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). With 7 bets in the pot it seems like you're correct in calling (or raising) because you'd only need about 5 to 1 to continue. However, even if he's betting a draw he's going to beat you a good % of the time. Let's say on average about 30% (depending on his draw). Therefore, even when you're ahead you're only going to win about 70% of the time. When you're behind you're going to lose the turn and river bets if you don't hit your K. When you're ahead sometimes villain won't pay you 2 BB's if his draw doesn't come in by the river.

In other words, if he was more aggressive he'd have a bigger % chance of betting a draw therefore continuing would be more profitable.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok thx [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold the flop there too, especially with a possible SB c/r coming.

Join the misery club...
Old 08-18-2006, 12:35 PM

Next time someone implies that 2/4 is full of 100/0/0.1 guys who play ultrastraight forward and only bet/raise when they have it, and never try to steal blinds, I think I will direct them here [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2006, 03:28 PM

Dear BB,

your awful play earlier in this session has earned you this pot. I am forced to fold my KK here. You are a champion.

Love,
2+2