Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 PM

Default How Do I Get \"Credit\" For All Our Monthly Charges?

My wife and I run a consulting firm. We spend approximately $60,000/month on Adwords. This is done via having a credit card on file with Google, and they hit it once/day for about 2k for our daily charges.

Here's the rub: neither I nor my wife have good credit. In my case, because I was a young idiot living in NYC in my 20's. In her case, because she was born in Paris and grew up in London and just moved here 3 years ago... she just has little credit of any kind. I think her score is approximately 630 or so.

Here's the "problem" --> we currently have a debit card tied to our corporate bank account on file with Google. *IF* I could figure out how to get some sort of credit card with a 60k limit [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img], then I could *use* the spending we're doing each month to get her credit score up to 750+ in no time, I'd think.

So, basically I'm trying to get "credit" with the credit bureaus for all of this money we spend each month... and then use all that spending to boost her credit score to something really nice.

Does anyone have any idea of what we can do? We can't seem to get her a card over 2k or so... and even that is *really* hard. Amex and Cap One turned us down, our bank turned us down, etc.

We've had this level of ad spending for 1.5yrs and have no reason to slow it down - so it's basically "riskfree" for anyone who would give us the appropriate credit. I'd also be HAPPY to give them the money (kind of like a debit card) to hang on to, as long as we got "credit" with the bureaus for this being a credit transaction, and not have it treated like a debit-card type of transaction.

Can anyone help with an idea of someplace to contact for biggish credit limits for people with no/bad credit but *great* extenuating circumstances and the ability to fully collateralize all of the credit we're given?