Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Movies You Like Nobody Believes Are Good

Yesterday while hung over I decided to order a movie on demand to kill an hour or two of misery. I decided to watch "The Marine" which is a movie starring former WWE Champion John Cena. I ended up extremely surprised: the movie had hilarious dialogue between the extremely self-conscious and quirky bad guys and the actual action was secondary to the showcasing of these characters' idiosyncracies. Anyway, when my roommate and I tried telling people that it was a good movie absolutely nobody believed us. I get a similar response from most people when I tell them that Under Siege II is one of my favorite movies.

Do any of you have similar experiences with movies that you think are great but that people refuse to take seriously? Just curious if there are any other hidden gems out there.

Oh, and I'm not talking about movies that most people have seen that you like but nobody else does (like, if you're reading this post and thinking "Yeah, I loved Godfather III but everybody else hates it!" then you're not really getting it). Just movies that get summarily dismissed as complete crap that you think people would like.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Movies You Like Nobody Believes Are Good

Rue Barbare!
It's so bad-as good that I still don't understand that it's hasn't become a cult-classic.
It has the quality of El Mariachi, and When the Raven flies.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get a similar response from most people when I tell them that Under Siege II is one of my favorite movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I'm not talking about movies that most people have seen that you like but nobody else does (like, if you're reading this post and thinking "Yeah, I loved Godfather III but everybody else hates it!" then you're not really getting it).

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm
Old 04-16-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I get a similar response from most people when I tell them that Under Siege II is one of my favorite movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I'm not talking about movies that most people have seen that you like but nobody else does (like, if you're reading this post and thinking "Yeah, I loved Godfather III but everybody else hates it!" then you're not really getting it).

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

most people i know haven't actually seen Under Siege II, hence it being an example of a pre-judged movie. Most people I know have seen Godfather III, they've just decided after watching it that it sucked. I thought that would be clear, but if not then hopefully now it is.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

most people i know haven't actually seen Under Siege II, hence it being an example of a pre-judged movie. Most people I know have seen Godfather III, they've just decided after watching it that it sucked. I thought that would be clear, but if not then hopefully now it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was clear. I was just making fun of you because you liked under seige II. I figured most people have seen that tho. I mean katherine heigl was in it!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:40 AM

I like the movie ISpy with eddie murphy and owen wilson. I am not saying it is good, just that I like it. I feel like that is the equivalent of saying I own more than one Alanis Morisette CD.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:53 AM

The marine was so bad i could not finish it. I have no movies to add for your thread but congrats on picking two movies no one else will like.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:03 AM

Actually, I haven't seen The Godfather III due to its crap reputation.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:05 AM

"Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man" is one of the best movies ever made.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I haven't seen The Godfather III due to its crap reputation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me either. I loved the second one and the first is excellent. However, I heard the third is crap compared to the other two. I prefer just not seeing it than having my expectations ruined.