Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 12:31 PM

Default War in 4 days?

from the jerusalem post:
[ QUOTE ]
The United States will be ready to launch a missile attack on Iran's nuclear facilities as soon as early this month, perhaps "from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6," according to reports in the Russian media on Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

plus this:
[ QUOTE ]
The reports come as the Iranian chief of staff, Hassan Fayrouz Abadi, was quoted on Saturday by Iran's Fars news agency warning leaders of Arab countries that Israel plans to open a "suicidal attack" on its neighbors this summer, to "prevent the withdrawal of the US troops from Iraq and the area."

[/ QUOTE ]

Things aren't looking good for my study abroad in Egypt this fall
Old 04-02-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: War in 4 days?

[ QUOTE ]
according to reports in the Russian media

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not too worried about this.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, me neither
Old 04-02-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from the jerusalem post:
[ QUOTE ]
The United States will be ready to launch a missile attack on Iran's nuclear facilities as soon as early this month, perhaps "from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6," according to reports in the Russian media on Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Has the defence industry supplied USAF with some crazy new bomb guidance systems that ONLY function between 4AM and 4PM?
Old 04-02-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about 4 days, but a lot of military hardware has been sent over there, and they don't send hardware over there for nothing.

They sent hardware over there before Iraq even though they said they wanted it resolved diplomatically if possible, in other words, the decision has already been made. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't change the fact that there are two armies facing each other who are armed to the teeth and itching for a fight.

They are sending more troops to Iraq as we speak, cutting short their leave. The war is all but certain.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about 4 days, but a lot of military hardware has been sent over there, and they don't send hardware over there for nothing.

They sent hardware over there before Iraq even though they said they wanted it resolved diplomatically if possible, in other words, the decision has already been made. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't change the fact that there are two armies facing each other who are armed to the teeth and itching for a fight.

They are sending more troops to Iraq as we speak, cutting short their leave. The war is all but certain.

[/ QUOTE ]
Itching for a fight? The soldiers, saliors, marines and airmen I know want to go home. Some of these servicemen are on third and even fourth tours to the Middle East. The brass is the military can be dumb sometimes, but we (US military) do not have the numbers to invade, conquer, and control Iran. The only way the proper number of troops could be raised would be through a draft. We all know that more than likely there will never be another draft in the
US. So the only logical conclusion I can come to is there will be no invasion of Iran, not in four days or in four months.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Itching for a fight? The soldiers, saliors, marines and airmen I know want to go home. Some of these servicemen are on third and even fourth tours to the Middle East. The brass is the military can be dumb sometimes, but we (US military) do not have the numbers to invade, conquer, and control Iran. The only way the proper number of troops could be raised would be through a draft. We all know that more than likely there will never be another draft in the
US. So the only logical conclusion I can come to is there will be no invasion of Iran, not in four days or in four months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the [censored] spin we always hear on this topic from such bastions of the truth as Tony Snow - "We're not Invading Iran"

No, but we're going to bomb the piss out of it back to the stone age with our naval and air forces - (which have gone largely underutilized in the Iraqi Occupation and therefore, are itching to prove themselves)

but no, we are not "invading" meaning we're not taking land forces and occupying the country, but prepare for violent action to be taken anyways -

rb
Old 04-02-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but we (US military) do not have the numbers to invade, conquer, and control Iran.

[/ QUOTE ]

two words:

Thermobaric Bomb

The US military has the power to invade and conquer just about any where on earth with a minimum of troops. The problem is that rather that "wage war" what we do it "engage in police action".
I am not in favor of Iraq or a new Iran war. But if we go it needs to be real all out war. Not this wussy slap fight bullcrap we keep on doing. Just blow them up and GTFO.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:27 PM

So we're just going to bomb Iran back to the stoneage? With all the pressure GWB is under now what makes you think he will order that?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:36 PM

Just have the Iraq military invade Iran. When no one is looking, we can then leave.