Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Bill Clinton addressing \'9/11 conspiracy\' hecklers in Minnesota.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Catching Osama was NEVER a top priority for this administration.

[/ QUOTE ]

commanding general in afgan (3 star centcom) said on radio show (stan monteith) that the mission in afgan was overthrowing taliban government and getting bin laden was *not* part of the mission. at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
This actually makes sense because 1. Osama isn't in Afghanistan, he's in Pakistan. We can't admit that our military is after Osama in Pakistan because then the Pakistanis go ape and 2. Getting Osama is the CIA's job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add to that the strategic advantages that he and his protectors had once he had gone to ground, and the tremendous loss of US lives for the capture of one person, it wasnt worth it. Its far more important to restrict his movement and ability to direct the organization than it is to kill him, which would have momentary impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most retarded apologia for the Bush administration's failure to deal with obl I've ever heard.

You're OK with him surviving in Pakistan, a country (WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS) in which a significant portion of the population wouldn't mind having him as president?

I always thought the idea that saddam was a threat to the United States ridiculous, but Osama and al-Zawahiri in Pakistan I can see.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

commanding general in afgan (3 star centcom) said on radio show (stan monteith) that the mission in afgan was overthrowing taliban government and getting bin laden was *not* part of the mission. at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
This actually makes sense because 1. Osama isn't in Afghanistan, he's in Pakistan. We can't admit that our military is after Osama in Pakistan because then the Pakistanis go ape and 2. Getting Osama is the CIA's job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add to that the strategic advantages that he and his protectors had once he had gone to ground, and the tremendous loss of US lives for the capture of one person, it wasnt worth it. Its far more important to restrict his movement and ability to direct the organization than it is to kill him, which would have momentary impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most retarded apologia for the Bush administration's failure to deal with obl I've ever heard.

You're OK with him surviving in Pakistan, a country (WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS) in which a significant portion of the population wouldn't mind having him as president?

I always thought the idea that saddam was a threat to the United States ridiculous, but Osama and al-Zawahiri in Pakistan I can see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then bomb the hell out of Pakistan and drive him into the open, don't send foot soldiers to sure slaughter trying to root him out of caves.

Then whine about how we shouldnt have attacked Pakistan.

Like all other liberals, you're full of wonderful ideas and have no practical solutions.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

specifically they were talking about tora bora where al kida and maybe bin laden himself were allowed to escape, the general saying that it wasn't the mission to get bin laden so they didn't try even when they had the chance.

also to another reply, bush originally said dead or alive get bin laden, but less than a year later I think, bush said b.l. was not a priority and he didn't matter, maybe even said US not looking for him.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
specifically they were talking about tora bora where al kida and maybe bin laden himself were allowed to escape, the general saying that it wasn't the mission to get bin laden so they didn't try even when they had the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it wasn't the mission I don't believe anyone would pass on an opportunity to capture or kill him post 9/11.

[ QUOTE ]
also to another reply, bush originally said dead or alive get bin laden, but less than a year later I think, bush said b.l. was not a priority and he didn't matter, maybe even said US not looking for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the first reference was in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 and emotional rhetoric is to be expected. That reality sets in and real priorites established is also to be expected.

Link for the last statement? I highly doubt it.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the first reference was in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 and emotional rhetoric is to be expected. That reality sets in and real priorites established is also to be expected.

Link for the last statement? I highly doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

google "bush bin laden not a priority", without the quotes, it's the first link, buzzflash, for the retarded who don't know how to google.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:27 PM

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

[/ QUOTE ]

omg, this is irrifutable proof that priorities change!!! call the associated press!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then bomb the hell out of Pakistan and drive him into the open, don't send foot soldiers to sure slaughter trying to root him out of caves.

Then whine about how we shouldnt have attacked Pakistan.

Like all other liberals, you're full of wonderful ideas and have no practical solutions.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, the idea that we expend some blood and treasure to apprehend or kill a person responsible for the murder of 3000 US citizens is "wonderful," quaint even. How fatuous of me to suggest it.

Weren't you a big proponent of the Iraq war?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

[/ QUOTE ]

omg, this is irrifutable proof that priorities change!!! call the associated press!

[/ QUOTE ]

You people are the worst kind of hypocrites. If a democrat was in the White House and had said that you would call him a traitor. And you almost certainly blame Clinton for 9-11 because he didn't pursue bin Laden with enough commitment.

But now, having killed 3000 Americans and possessing a much bigger microphone as well as the same intentions he had before 9-11 he is no longer a priority. Enjoy the koolaid.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Clinton would love to deal with nutcases with conspiracy theories heckling him, instead of have to deal with those who would ask just what little he did about terrorism while he was in office for 8 years out of the 8 years 8 months immediately prior to the attacks.

These conspiracy hecklers give him a free pass over his real failures, so he loves them.

[/ QUOTE ]

sums things up nicely as far as i'm concerned... the "it happened on HIS watch" so it's Bush's fault makes me urp.

clinton laid the wood to Iraq as well as monica. he just never followed through or owned up to either of the incidents.

EN