Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 12:55 PM

Default 200 nl live game

Hey guys, this hand happend in a live game I play in. The table is usually very, very LAG however the villain is a solid player.

BB: $2
Hero: $180
Villain $150
(full talbe of 9)

Im UTG w/ QdQh and limp planning on reraising one of the many lag's at the table (im 75% sure there will be a raise). However its folded to the BB (this probably happens once a night, no joke).

BB raises to $18.

Im confused and want time to think w/out giving away my hand so i quickly call planning on using the time he takes to act on the flop to dedude what he has an what my play should be. I didnt raise b/c he is a very solid player.

Flop 2d 5c Ts

Villain bets $12.

Now bells are sounding in my head like "is this not an obvious donk play w/ AA KK? does he know how obvious this is or is he thinking one level above me..." But I know he is a first level thinker... and that he dosnt know I know that. He only thinks about his hand.... im 90$ sure of this.

Hero raises to $25

I want to find out where I'm at... Like "Does he really have AA or KK?" Basically I want to see what he thinks about getting a raise here b/c this is probably the cheapest place I can raise if we play this to a showdown.

Villain goes all in. (Roughly $100 more to me)

I think for about 5 mintues, Im talking to the guy and staring him down and he is suprisingly calm. Like totally chill with his push and not nervious at all. I ask "if i fold 'n show you will you show me? I gotta good hand" He says "nope, sorry."

Hero folds [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I fold the hand face up so i can look at him while he sees my cards. His eyes go pretty wide and he says "wow." And he mucked his hand w/out showing. Do you guys think this was a good fold? Do you think he had a better hand? Does "no i wont show" usually mean they want a call? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: 200 nl live game

Think you got outplayed without him knowing what he was doing lol. I'd put his range at 10-10, J-J, Q-Q, K-K or A-A. You're dominated by 1, dominating 3 and tied 1. The fact that he only thinks about his hand and not your's i'd say its more likely J-J, Q-Q or K-K. If he's got a set then so be it but chances are you're ahead
Old 03-25-2007, 01:37 PM

im losing to TT KK and AA, beating JJ (doubt he has QQ) ... so thats 3 beating me and 1 losing ... that was my thoughts...
Old 03-25-2007, 01:54 PM

ROFL! I need to learn to read! Thought you had A-A lmao! Think im still drunk! My apologies!
In that case i think you've played this fine. Like you said the only hand you're beating that he could have is J-J. So think fold is good
Old 03-25-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I want to find out where I'm at . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were still unsure about where you were at (after villain pushes) then this is mistake. Had you been happy with your fold then you wouldn't have posted.

He could be pushing with JJ here, but I don't think with anything else that you beat. Good fold.

Did you think about calling on the flop and folding to a turn bet?
Old 03-25-2007, 03:52 PM

1) You have a severely underrepresented hand.
2) Solid players can definitely raise PF with the intent of pushing out a single weak limper. If you have a read that he'd *never* raise anything but TT-AA here, that's a different story.
3) Your flop raise is silly if you intend to fold. If you raised to 45 (I'm not saying this is good) here and he pushed, it would make it an easier laydown. As is, your hand looks like any pocket pair or a ten. If I'm villain and I think I can push you off AT (for example), I'm shoving any two here.
4) It's live. Close your eyes and call. Expect there to be a pile of chips in front of you momentarily.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)If I'm villain and I think I can push you off AT (for example), I'm shoving any two here.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to OP the villain here thinks only on the first level, and not about what his opponent might have.