Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Default ATsooted - slow down when board pairs?

BB is an ultra nit at 8/4/3.6
Button is a tard

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
Old 09-02-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: ATsooted - slow down when board pairs?

Cap flop for value, you have 35% pot equity while contributing only 25% of all the money and everybody will call flop for one more bet.

As played I would lead river and probably call BB's raise. Don't give him a credit for flopping a set (and now improving to FH), it could also be flopped two pair (76) or flopped straight (54). I wouldn't 3bet river though fearing a cap (which you have to call), because a cap in this situation almost always means Full House - straight and two pair would be afraid of a flush or FH and thus wouldn't cap it. (except with a very very strong read, that BB is a chip donator [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).
Old 09-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Donk the flop. Gotta lead the river, you lose to a set, but there are many worse hands that play like this.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:03 PM

I like the way you played it until the river. I probably bet the river and call a raise.

Nice hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 06:03 PM

PF fine
Flop lead flop, you want to trap the field for 3, and with your huge equity edge you would hate it checked trough or blowing half the field out with a c/r.

edit II misread again, b/c river
Old 09-03-2007, 12:49 AM

lead flop

as played c/r flop

as played cap flop

lead turn

as played c/r is fine

lead river and call the raise

btw, awesome avatar....
Old 09-03-2007, 01:43 AM

with the positioning of the PFR and the fact that he's a tard I would likely donk the flop
on the hand

IMO this guy is not leading out into a field without a very strong hand ... some are sets, two pair, some others are strong draws which kill our total equity

I'll assume you've that the stats are over a decent amount of hand
after he leads out I assume his hand is strong so once it comes back calling is fine, as BB would likely be raising whatever strong hand he betout with (and I don't really want to let him face the field with two)
a range IMO is something like this:
66, 77, 33, 54s, gs+fd in spades (T9, T8, 98, 85, 84), perhaps some silly things sometimes to like AA, AKs

if you have a read that he could play mid overs hard on the flop (in a large field) ... i guess you could include TT, 99 in the mix (I can't really see him betting out into a field with such a weak hand on a coordinated board with these though)

once he does 3ball it and the rest call ... if you can put them on any type of a range that might reduce our total possible outs by a few % points then calling is OK - but you have one tard in the mix and some random guy so capping is probably goot here

on the turn ... i might lead out (it looks obvious yes) - but our friend, being a nit, might shut down and will call 'with outs' anyways ... though because OTB is a tard i think it might be worth the risk to checkraise as when it does work we get an extra 2bb (most likely)

anyways - that's kind of 50/50 ... so whatever

now ... on the river (i think we can remove any chance of over cards being in his range at this point ... IMO they b/f the turn)
so i think we are really left with BB having a:
full house (66, 77, 33) ... all of which will raise, and we payoff 2big bets (well - i can't fold a flush in a 20bb pot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])
a lower flush (which he'll bet when checked to, but probably not raise if we bet)
and a straight ... which he may check more often then bet if we check (but almost always call if we bet)

the interesting part comes in because we have a tard acting behind BB ... how light will he call 2 cold on the river with a pocket pair?
IMO, that's the biggest factor between betting or checking the river

so ... I guess I'm not to sure what I would want to do on the river ... I think both actions have value in this spot
Old 09-03-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Donk the flop. Gotta lead the river, you lose to a set, but there are many worse hands that play like this.

[/ QUOTE ]