Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 03:07 PM

Default KQo quick checkup

Villain is 35/5/0.9 over ~90 hands

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: KQo quick checkup

c/r please.

Edit: I should expand. You have a fairly strong draw in this position. While we don't have a developed read on villian, we do realize that he doesn't raise much and is somewhat passive. This goes against my advise to c/r. Why then should we c/r? Two reasons: 1. range balancing 2. villian's position.

1. In this kind of situation, against this villian, we should be c/r a lot of flops. Mostly we should c/r with made hands to take advantage of his passiveness, but we must also keep him passive so we must c/r with strong draws as well. Here we have two overcards and a gutshot, which is strong enough to continue with and becomes even stronger with some added fold equity.

2. Villian opened when everyone folded to him in MP2. This, in my experience is when players, even passive players that don't raise very much, start to steal blinds. Certainly he has some kind of opening hand, but it isn't quite so tight as his raising standards seem. In fact, many players with low raising standards obtain those standards because they don't like raising after limpers with hands that they see as marginal.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:11 PM

Against a 10-12% pfr this would be fine... if you think that that 5 is significant (based on what vil has showd down) this is an easy fold pf IMHO.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:30 PM

I think your post makes sense against a passive that we beat into submission with a c/r but vpip 35 and agg factor 1 isnt that passive (not sure about that though?)

Anyway, we are pretty pwned by AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 99, AQ, AJ, KJ, QJ, and we are likely loosing to hands like KQ, TT, JT,not to mention some soothed crap like KT[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Edit, hmm, with a c/r we are winning to KQo, and beating TT and JT pretty cheap.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:44 PM

Yeah agreed 35/1 isn't THAT aggro, but thats why we need to c/r to range balance. If he's super passive, he'll call down no matter what we do to establish an image and we should c/c cuz we have no fold equity against A high or low pair type hands.

If we get him to fold AK or AQ on the turn we love it. I'd guess his range here is like 13%ish: (K9s+, A8s+, AT+, KJ+, 77+)Maybe thats on the generous side though.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:56 PM

I am folding preflop, and have to know more about villain before I c/r the flop. Otherwise I am c'c'ing the flop.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:58 AM

yeah i just let this go in the SB
Old 08-27-2007, 04:59 AM

(preflop)