Old 11-24-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

Kucinich is:
Pro gun control
Pro social security/anti privatization
Pro universal health care
Pro illegal immigrant amnesty
etc

Other than the war and war on drugs, Kucinich and Paul are pretty much polar opposites.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this has been briefly mentioned in this thread, but what's with the campaign always sending out e-mails for delegates? Are they planning on flooding every state with Paul-supporting delegates and then voting for Paul no matter what? I don't understand how it works - is it like the electoral college?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every candidate needs delegates. Without delegates, it doesn't matter if you win the primary, you have to have delegates who will go to the national convention to vote for your candidate, and those delegates are awarded to each candidate from a pre-existing pool for each candidate by the states after their primary. So if Paul had no delegates, he cannot win the nomination.

Every Paul supporter should be looking into becoming a delegate.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the Legislation forum, my response below:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12016409

[ QUOTE ]
I downgraded Huckster from F to F-. From http://pokerplayersalliance.org/news...le.php?DID=289 :

[ QUOTE ]
Mike Huckabee
F-. Baptist minister, former Gov. of Arkansas. As governor, he opposed the Arkansas state lottery.

When asked "Last year, Congress voted overwhelming to criminalize most forms of Internet gambling. This year some members of Congress are promoting legislation to legalize Internet gambling. If such legislation passed, would you veto it?" [an incorrect statement, by the way...playing wasn't criminalized at all] by the National Coalition Against Legalized Gambling, Huckabee answered "yes"!!!!.

Pros: None.

Cons: Sworn enemy of ours...may as well vote for Kyl or Goodlatte.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's disgusting that this is even an issue. People can [censored] gamble if they want to, period, end of story, not debatable, eat a [censored] dick and die if you're stupid enough to think it should be illegal.

Violent revolution soon please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except when the state is the one profiting off the gambling... don't count on the lottery disappearing anytime soon.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this has been briefly mentioned in this thread, but what's with the campaign always sending out e-mails for delegates? Are they planning on flooding every state with Paul-supporting delegates and then voting for Paul no matter what? I don't understand how it works - is it like the electoral college?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I got one of those. I read through it and I was like WTF I think it'd be easier to prepare Warren Buffett's taxes than figure out how this works.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this should have its own thread imo but w/e

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is seriously in love with own voice. He's pretty clearly just jealous of Paul's attention. His parents didn't play with him enough when he was little.

He spends like 10 [censored] minutes explaining why it would be a disaster to privatize the post office because the postal workers would strike and social security checks wouldn't get delivered. A.) Paul doesn't want to privatize the post office. The post office is constitutional. B.)It wouldn't be very difficult to come up with a solution to this. Like, I dunno, hire UPS in the interim and watch them be 10x more efficient? Wow that was tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

try to be open-minded.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUO9r36bVsQ

Ron Paul on Bloomberg TV
Old 11-24-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is seriously in love with own voice. He's pretty clearly just jealous of Paul's attention. His parents didn't play with him enough when he was little.

He spends like 10 [censored] minutes explaining why it would be a disaster to privatize the post office because the postal workers would strike and social security checks wouldn't get delivered. A.) Paul doesn't want to privatize the post office. The post office is constitutional. B.)It wouldn't be very difficult to come up with a solution to this. Like, I dunno, hire UPS in the interim and watch them be 10x more efficient? Wow that was tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

try to be open-minded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I feel bad for giving this video another hit and wasting five minutes of my life. I kept waiting for him to make a point with that slavery gibberish but I couldn't take it anymore. What a douche.

Please no new thread for this video, this guy is a clown.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try to be open-minded.

[/ QUOTE ]

What points of his do you think are strong?

He also says in the beginning that there is "no difference" in being taxed by a colonial power (US before revolution) and being taxed by your own government. Uhhh...

Old 11-24-2007, 09:03 PM

This is not a video, but it is probably the best Ron Paul article to come out of MSM yet.

Washington Post

[ QUOTE ]
More than at any other time over the past two decades, Americans are hungering for the politics and freewheeling fun of libertarianism. And with the dreary prospect of a Giuliani vs. Clinton death match in 2008, that hunger is likely to grow even faster than the size of the federal government or the casualty toll in Iraq. Ron Paul may lose next year's battle -- though not without a memorable fight -- but the laissez-faire agitators he has helped energize will find themselves at the leading edge of American politics and culture for years to come.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2007, 03:03 PM

Tucker visits Ron Paul's rally in Las Vegas (5 part series!)

Haven't finished watching it yet but it looks pretty cool so far...