Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Brag: New Piece

Needs to be chromed to be balla.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:18 PM

my understanding of a "double tap" is that it is referring to a technique that law enforcement (and to a lesser degree) military personal are trained to use when firing small arms at an armed assailant. when a police officer fires his weapon at someone he very often will not hit the target. in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping it is very hard to be accurate with a pistol unless extremely close to a target. firing once or even twice at a target often is not enough to even hit the target.

for this reason, it is my understanding that police officers are trained to shoot a "double tap". this means using the sights on the pistol to aim at the targets center of mass and firing 2 shots. the second shot is fired after realigning one sight or simply bringing the gun back into the same position as the first shot using "feel".

there are arguments that 2 shots placed closely together aimed at a targets center of mass are more likely to be deadly, but it is also obvious that if you put one in the chest, one in the gut, and one in the head, it would be more lethal than putting three in the chest right next to each other.

the biggest advantage that a "double tap" gives is a way to practice shooting technique that will give you the best chance of hitting the target. also, it has been proven that after more than three shots in rapid succession accuracy drops off markedly. therefore, your best bet is to attempt a "double tap" at center mass, then pause and shoot another "double tap" if the target hasn't been knocked down.

if you are an amazing marksman and calm and collected under pressure you could theoretically pop the guy twice in the chest and then shoot him in the head. most people aren't capable of doing something like this quickly, with a gun pointed at them, or with someone shooting at them. so their best bet is to shoot a series of controlled bursts at center mass untill the target is on the ground. thats just the reality of it.

the bottom line is, a pistol is not a gun you bring to a gunfight. and police officers do not head into a gunfight with a pistol. they send in the swat team with rifles. when a police officer uses his gun it is almost always in a suprising situation where they are going to have a lot of factors making it difficult for them to fire accurate shots. the "double tap" is designed to get the most bullets shot accurately in the shortest period of time.

I'm not a gun owner, but I like reading about this kind of thing. I guess i'm kind of a gun nerd. can any of the gun nuts confirm or adjust my understanding here?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. I don't have the time or the room to explain all the uses and purposes of a good folding knife. All I can say on that topic is research it. FWIW, the knife was only there to provide a visual scale showing the size of the firearm. That's not the knife I usually carry.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, wait....you included the pic of the knife ONLY TO PROVIDE A VISUAL SCALE of the gun. How'd that work? You thought "Oh, I'll take a pic of my new piece...hmm, they'll wanna know how big it is...i better put something else in the picture. Oh, I know, I'll include a picture of a completely unknown knife instead of a ruler or dollar bill". And, in fact, you grabbed a knife that you usually don't carry.

And if the knife was by itself, we'd have no idea how big it is (I've see knives with a 2" blade and 5" blade look very similar to that). The knife provides no scale for the size of the firearm. Quite the opposite, the gun tells us how small your knife is.

But...that's not the knife you usually carry...it's just one you grabbed out of inconvenience to poorly display a scale. Riiiiight.

Quit trying so hard to impress others. Learn to be happy with who you are.

Josh
Old 09-18-2007, 10:04 AM

dbl,

disregard my previous posts, this is a better point:

real ballers would simply fire one shot directly down the barrel of the other guy's gun. solution is still: work on your aim.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 AM

[x]you run faster with a knife
Old 09-18-2007, 11:04 AM

[x] A real gangsta-ass [censored] never runs his [censored] mouth
[x] Cuz real gangsta-ass [censored] don't start fights
[ ] And [censored] always gotta high cap
[ ] Showin' all his boys how he shot em
[x] But real gangsta-ass [censored] don't flex nuts
[x] Cuz real gangsta-ass [censored] know they got em
[x] And everythings cool in the mind of a gangsta
[x] Cuz gangsta-ass [censored] think deep
Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quit trying so hard to impress others. Learn to be happy with who you are.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the name of the forum - hint - the word 'brags.'
Old 09-18-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dbl,

disregard my previous posts, this is a better point:

real ballers would simply fire one shot directly down the barrel of the other guy's gun. solution is still: work on your aim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Your firearms/balla knowledge is a gift to all of us.