Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Final vB Testing

[ QUOTE ]
lastly, how do we get into user's profiles to ban and what not? I need a tutorial!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the permissions that will need to be tweaked for each mod relate to banning. I haven't gone through everybody for the purposes of this test. Just enabled your banning and profile type mod powers, though.

http://forumtest.conjelco.com/2p2mod/

For those who missed this in previous testing, you'll probably just want to bookmark the modcp (not this one). You can get there a few ways, but that's always going to be the most direct route to most powers.

You'll also see options available on user profiles, including the spammer ban that nukes everything. It only works on members who have been registered for less than about a week. Please don't tell them that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

When viewing a profile you'll get a mostly look but no editing view with the exception of avatars. Again things being like that is just the way vBulletin clearly separates powers. You need to have the admincp to access more, and that more includes everything. It's intentionally designed this way.

On the other side, though, your IP and user searching abilities are greatly enhanced.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the other side, though, your IP and user searching abilities are greatly enhanced.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm psyched about this part. I'd gladly give-up my inline youtubes for IP searches. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I guess the html-enabled faqs will have to be multi-posts? They're html just for the anchors, right? Is there any other way to jury-rig anchors?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:11 PM

explain "one touch ban & clean" please. That looks scary!
Old 11-29-2007, 05:17 PM

It nukes a spammer's account and all their posts. Rather than leaving the spam posts to be cleaned by the mods of each forum, the first mod to nail the guy cleans up all the spam posts at once. It's awesome, but as Ryan said, it can only be used on people who've been registered for a week or less. You won't nuke a valued posters' stuff by mistake. Also, it's really 3 touch ban and clean. One to get to the profile, one to click the button, and one to confirm.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 PM

Yeah, the name is annoying. It's also too long for that page in certain spots. I'd change it, but credit and naming should go together with these things I think.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:22 PM

Could we talk about the infraction system? It looks like we scrapped the original system, but now I'm not sure how many infraction points leads to what sort of ban.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:25 PM

I reported a post as a test. Got the email, when i clicked on the link it didnt work.

email:
*TT* ( mailto:****@gmail.com) has reported this post:

Tunica WPT/ WSOPC Question
http://vb.twoplustwo.com/showthread....80#post1189280

This is part of this thread:
Tunica WPT/ WSOPC Question
http://vb.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=65196

This is the reason that the user gave:
Test report

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

message I get from VB: No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Old 11-29-2007, 05:28 PM

It's just 100 points equals what amounts to an admin permanent ban. How those points are given is up to each mod, but generally they should be given for posts made in a mod's forum.

Rather than make it all too specific ahead of time I'd rather leave it really loose and refine things slowly over time.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:28 PM

will i be able to retain my quasi-mod (non-green) status? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

also no mods setting titles is pretty ghey. as is no html imo.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:32 PM

Try it now.