Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Did anyone notice when Ryan sat down with Sanjaya Tuesday

He make no jokes about his hair etc. like he always did?
No chit chat, no banter. It was cold business it seemed,like he knew he was going this week!

Anyhow, my prediction from the top twelve days still stand.
Blake or Jordin! They have been my bets with 70% of it going to Blake!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Did anyone notice when Ryan sat down with Sanjaya Tuesday

[ QUOTE ]

Anyhow, my prediction from the top twelve days still stand.
Blake or Jordin! They have been my bets with 70% of it going to Blake!

[/ QUOTE ]

Blake is horrible IMO. Terrible singer I just can't possibly see him winning.

Jordin does have a chance although she needs to stand still when she sings. When she tries to dance and sing at the same time it's bad. When she stands still at the mic and sings it's very good.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jordin does have a chance although she needs to stand still when she sings. When she tries to dance and sing at the same time it's bad. When she stands still at the mic and sings it's very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blake is terrible. He has clearly reached the limits of his own creativity. But so has the competition. From here on out I think it is up to the judges to tell America who to vote for.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blake is terrible. He has clearly reached the limits of his own creativity. But so has the competition. From here on out I think it is up to the judges to tell America who to vote for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blake is a good singer, not a great one and not a terrible one. However, he is a great performer (much better than Taylor last year, although not as good as a singer) and he appears to have quite a bit of musical talent/creativity on his side. I don't think he'll win but I'm not surprised he has gone far. He doesn't have a big voice like Lakisha but his voice is fairly pleasant...I agree that he is sometimes out of pitch but the fact that he sings softly and performs well help mask some of these imperfections.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:10 PM

I respect everyone's opinion! hey guys, I just got this in my e-mail. Have you seen this before? Looks like they are trying to get it back and need some help.

This email is being sent to all World Sports Exchange customers as a courtesy to the Antigua Online Gaming Association.

Greetings Players,

As you may be aware, online gaming has been under attack by the United States for the last decade. The Government of Antigua and Barbuda has successfully challenged the malicious prosecution of Antiguan operators in the World Trade Organization. The WTO has found that the US's application of its laws against Antiguan entities is protectionist and in violation of the General Agreement on Trade in Services.

Now that Antigua has won the legal battle, it can use political support in Congress. Here's how you can help. Please email and phone your Representative in the House of Representatives and your two Senators. Remind them that the United States needs to abide by the decision in the Antigua-Gaming matter if they expect other countries to comply with WTO decisions in favor of the United States.

Here is a link to a letter to the USTR from Representative Ros-Lehtinen, the ranking Republican on the House Committee on Foreign Affairs:

http://www.antiguawto.com/LettertoUSTR.pdf

Rep. Ros-Lehtinen eloquently noted, "...our failure to resolve this dispute may harm our credibility as we seek to press countries like China regarding their violations on a range of issues, including intellectual property protection, subsidies, and currency manipulation." She further warned, "In the event the United States fails to reach a satisfactory resolution of the Antigua dispute, it could provide China with an argument to ignore a WTO decision favorable to the United States."

Please send the link above to your Representative and Senators. Ask them to send similar letters to the United States Trade Representative. Let them know you vote, you pay taxes, and you think the United States should comply with the decision in the Antigua-Gaming matter.

To contact your Representative and two Senators, follow the links below or call the Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and give them your zip code. Make sure you call three times.

http://www.house.gov
http://www.senate.gov

We will continue to fight the legal battle, please help us with the political fight.

Thank you,

Antigua Online Gaming Association
www.aoga.ag
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 PM

Blake is starting to do the same thing every week, which suggests he is out of material.

It was country week and he came out wearing a plaid sweater vest, gave the same facial expressions and sang just like it was Latin or Tony Bennet night.

He is perfect for a pop music show because most pop artists don't last long after their initial novelty has worn off.

I guess he is 'cool' if putting a dumb hat on sideways is cool these days (did that come back into style?).

So anyways, yes, Blake can sing. But he can only sing one song well, then he has to make every song sound like it. That's not a big knock against him, because there are other one-hit wonders in the competition (most notably Lakisha).
Old 04-19-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blake is starting to do the same thing every week, which suggests he is out of material.

It was country week and he came out wearing a plaid sweater vest, gave the same facial expressions and sang just like it was Latin or Tony Bennet night.

He is perfect for a pop music show because most pop artists don't last long after their initial novelty has worn off.

I guess he is 'cool' if putting a dumb hat on sideways is cool these days (did that come back into style?).

So anyways, yes, Blake can sing. But he can only sing one song well, then he has to make every song sound like it. That's not a big knock against him, because there are other one-hit wonders in the competition (most notably Lakisha).

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all Blake's voice is mediocre at best. And Lakisha is a "one-hit wonder"? She has a great voice. One of the top two in the competition.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all Blake's voice is mediocre at best. And Lakisha is a "one-hit wonder"? She has a great voice. One of the top two in the competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blake does have a mediocre voice. That is why the 'coolness' factor is so important.

He is a pop singer with an average voice, he dresses hip, and does his hair cool. Throw in his dancing and beat boxing novelties and you've got an audience to buy a CD.

Lakisha is a one-hit wonder becasue she was so good that one week and hasn't done anything memorable since. The voice is fine.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:18 PM

What's with all the Blake slamming? He's my second favorite. But the only one that I'd likely be interested in buying a recording from.

I fully admit his voice is a little thin. But there's something about his voice that is really nice. And he's likely to record music in a style that I'd like. I mean... his favorite band is 311. That's reggae tinged alternative music. I was a teenager in the 80s so I was thrilled that he picked a Cure Song. He's my favorite Idol person thus far.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blake does have a mediocre voice. That is why the 'coolness' factor is so important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point!

[ QUOTE ]
Lakisha is a one-hit wonder becasue she was so good that one week and hasn't done anything memorable since. The voice is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually she had many great performances. The last few were bad song choices. Mark my words she may or may not win, I don't know, but she will hit one out this week.