Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 08:24 PM

Default ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 21 Discussion -spoiler free-

LOST Season 3, Episode 21 “Greatest Hits”
Episode blurb (in white)

<font color="white">Jack devises a plan to do away with "The Others" once and for all, Sayid uncovers a flaw in "The Others'" system that could lead to everyone's rescue, and Charlie's dangerous task may make Desmond's premonition come true. </font>

Previously, on LOST….

1.) As Locke, Kate and Sayid made their way to The Others’ settlement Locke destroyed The Flame (a valuable Dharma communication hub) and killed the prisoner they found there, Mikhael. When they reached the settlement he destroyed the submarine, supposedly the last link The Others have to the outside world. Ben encouraged Locke to do this because without the submarine he can deny anyone passage home without claiming responsibility. Subsequently Ben revealed to Locke that they had his father on the island.

Afterwards, The Others left The Barracks (with Locke) Leaving behind Jack, Juliet, Kate and Sayid who returned to the main camp .

Meanwhile Ben was encouraging Locke to kill his father in order to prove himself to The Others. When Locke was unable to do it, they abandoned him. To gain re-entry to the group, Locke (now knowing that his father was the man who Sawyer had been looking for) instigated Sawyer to commit the murder.

When Locke returned to The Others with his father’s body, he used this as leverage to force Ben to take him to see ‘Jacob’. Ben took him to a barn surrounded by a perimeter of a grayish powder. Inside, Ben proceeded to have a conversation with what appeared to be thin air. Convinced Ben was insane and using a non-existent Jacob to hold power over The Others, Locke turned to leave when he heard the phrase “Help Me” in a voice that did not resemble Ben’s. Ben was very upset that Locke had heard Jacob and led him to the Dharma mass burial site, where he shot and left him.

3.) According to Desmond, the button was in place to periodically expel electromagnetic energy that builds up in the island. He also claimed that the plane crash was the result of him not pushing the button. When Locke refused to push it Desmond was forced to go under the hatch to flip a failsafe switch that would supposedly destroy the hatch (and everyone in it) as it expelled the energy.

After the hatch “imploded” Desmond awoke in his own past in the few years leading up to his crash on the island. When he tried to make decisions that would avert this, he was told that the universe is ‘self-correcting’ and that trying to avoid his fate on the island was futile. After being jolted back to the ‘current timeline’ Desmond can now see flashes of the future. As a result of this he saved Charlies’ life twice, but told him that because of the self-correcting nature of the universe that he could not save him from this fate.

Also as a result of the hatch explosion, Desmonds ex Penny (the daughter of Charles Windmere) has located the island via the electromagnetic pulse. Desmond began having visions of her coming to the island from the sky and tried to recreate the events that would lead to that outcome, including allowing the death of Charlie even though he could prevent it. In the end he chose to save Charlie, and (perhaps) as a result when the pilot ended up on the island it was not Penny, but the pilot did recognize Desmond and had a photo of he and Penny together. While they tried to give her medical attention, Mikhael responded to their distress flare, and in exchange for his medical expertise he was allowed to leave without confrontation. When the woman regained consciousness, she told Hurley that Oceanic 815 had been found with no survivors.

It was revealed that Juliette was actually planted there by Ben to retrieve samples of the women in the group, testing for pregnancy. Ben’s plan is to raid the camp and take any women that are pregnant. Sawyer had proof of this (given to him by Locke), and when it came to light Jack informed the group that Juliette (who’s loyalties may lie with the survivors after all) had told him about the impending plans and he had not passed the information on because he didn’t know how he wanted to deal with it.

Special Needs Section:

Episode 20
Episode 19
Episode 18
Episode 17

<font color="red">The Spoiler Rule

1.) Any discussion of any confirmed material/storylines that have not yet aired as part of network programming, no matter how trivial, are to be put in white. ANY RESPONSES TO SPOILERS (WHITE TEXT) ARE ALSO TO BE PUT IN WHITE. With 2 episodes left this important now more than ever. If anyone ruins this season finale for me I will hunt you down. Let it be known that I was a green belt in taekwondo when I was 14. Yeah.

</font>

Whoever holds the conch gets to speak

<font color="grey">LOST
</font>
Old 05-16-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 21 Discussion -spoiler free-

Lord of the Flies
Old 05-16-2007, 08:28 PM

has anyone else been looking foreward to this episode more than all the ones in the past?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone else been looking foreward to this episode more than all the ones in the past?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah def a quality tv show. Should be fun.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:57 PM

Consider this the Canadian 'Saw it early and it was one of the best episodes ever' post.

Season 3 started bad, but I think is ending with a series of episodes that are the strongest in Lost history.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:09 PM

Been saving my next post for this specific thread, so let me just say:

Been waiting for this [censored] for a week. GO GO GO!!!!

666th post for those wondering what I meant
Old 05-16-2007, 09:11 PM

I read the spoilers found here (from the spoiler thread). I can confirm that they were 100% correct for this episode. I hate myself for having read them.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 PM

I'm glad I resisted temptation to read the spoiler threads that popped up although I saw a minor spoiler elsewhere. LOST has really come on strong as was mentioned earlier.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read the spoilers found here (from the spoiler thread). I can confirm that they were 100% correct for this episode. I hate myself for having read them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that in season 2 and I feel like I robbed myself of an awesome TV experience I can never get back. It is so much more fun this season avoiding absolutely any future programming information. I don't even watch the previews or read the blurbs anymore. Highly recommended.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad I resisted temptation to read the spoiler threads that popped up although I saw a minor spoiler elsewhere. LOST has really come on strong as was mentioned earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that in the 'Worst bodypart to lose' thread? I saw that damned spoiler too (although, did not read the episode spoiler), so I guess I'll just go with the flow.

CANT WAIT FOR TONIGHT AIJDBSNJASNDASD. k, I'm ready