Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Really weird line made me quiver

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
If it changes anything I had just won the last hand by raising 88, flopping K84, turn K, river Q, and bet each street. Villian (BB not villian in this hand) called each street with 89o.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Really weird line made me quiver

Bet the flop. The way you played it I'd 3bet the turn if he's aggressive, otherwise I might just calldown.

Oh and next time I'd leave Buttons riverraise out of the converted hand because of possible results orientated replies. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2006, 10:18 PM

I think 3-betting the turn is way better than your line. I also don't see any reason to check the flop.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:53 PM

K7 is usually a fold utg for me even 3 handed, but I might be to tight. Since you raised I definitely bet the flop. I have no idea why you didn't. I would 3 bet the turn as well, you're probably up against a pair draw combo here I would think. River sucks, I need a read but usually I'm folding.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:32 AM

I don't like the river bet. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here, other than you think he'll check it through a fair amount of the time. If that's the case, three betting the turn should be the play.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:04 AM

I checked the flop because my equity is much better on a safe turn; also it really messes with my opponents head and may induce them to spew bets with nothing or play too passively with solid hands because what checks the flop here?

I felt that by taking my big street lines I would look like a whole lot of nothing and maybe induce a bluff.

Villian showed the ace of clubs and a five and MHWG.