Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Venetian DS2 early KK hand

Venetian $540 deepstack MTT

Blinds 100-200. It's early in the tourney. We're both sitting on about 10K in chips. Villain has me barely covered. There has been maybe one limped pot to this point... and typical progression thus far has been, someone raises... 1 or 2 callers... someone bets, everyone folds. I have villain read as the best player at the table. He's been friendly at the table, diffusing crap spewed by other players toward the dealer and has been very observant of every hand played. He has shown AK once when taking down the blinds. No other hands revealed. I haven't been playing many pots, and the only hand I have showndown thus far has been TPTK. I don't think I have been giving a weak vibe... but I'm not sure how he has me read. We've both played about the same number of pots (few). He's 40-something and staring at me with a Grateful Dead ballcap. I'm early 30's and staring back with my ipod and college shirt.

Folds to me in late position and I raise K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to 700, which has been a typical raise at this level.

Folds to BB who calls the raise.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB leads out for 1500. I call.

Turn is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets 2000.

Ugh... nice bet. I am starting to regret not raising the flop. Is he firing a second barrel with nothing... or does he already have me destroyed?

Fold and live to take chips off the other players? Call here and re-evaluate on the River? Make a stand right here and raise?

Should have raised the flop?

Comments please!
-G