Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2006, 04:23 PM

Default Gold responds in some detail to allegations

There are a lot of new court documents today that aren't posted on the website linked earlier. I'll put them up on my site if the guy doesn't post them soon.

The Cliff Notes are:

1) Gold says that his contract with Bodog didn't require him to get any celebrities
2) Gold says that Leyser said he could get Matthew Perry and Matthew McConaughey and Gold told him if he could get them, Bodog "might" give Leyser a seat
3) When Leyser only came up with the two lame celebs, Gold told Leyser that he couldn't get a seat for them.
4) When Gold told Leyser that he couldn't get a seat, Leyser was sad and Gold offered to give him a share of his winnings because he felt sorry for him (!?!?!?)
5) Leyser kept harassing Gold during the WSOP
6) Gold would have given him a cut if Leyser didn't sue him, but now he is mad and isn't giving him jack.

There is some other amusing stuff in there. Mark Seif was Leyser's first lawyer. Gold claims that Leyser was going to run off and duck his taxes and that Gold might have got stuck with them if he did. Gold details the very lame TV shows that Leyser promoted. There is some stuff about Leyser being broke and having trouble making his house payments and one of Gold's lawyers saying that Seif was a butthead. That's pretty amusing.

I'll link up the docs in a while if the other guy doesn't do it soon. I'd just as soon let him provide the bandwidth.

The point #4 is the part that defies belief for me. Gold had no requirement to get celebs from Bodog, but he offered half of his winnings to Leyser because he felt sorry for him?