Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Mario Strikers Brag

Just beat the 4th rank 4-3, 3-2 using my team of 2 dry bones and birdo + diddy (which someone recommended to me that if i like using peach diddy would work well)

the guy did this scoring trick with boo where he didnt even fully dke the goalie but scored every time if he got close enough.

Beat: only rank like 700 b/c ive only played lik 50 games.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Mario Strikers Brag

Congrats on the win.

It's strange how the rankings work. I guess they start them over every week, so that may be a factor, but I've found that some of the people pretty high (25-100 say) aren't great and others much lower are quite good. As you imply, a big factor is how many games played. A guy that is 100-400 will be ranked better than a guy that is 50-0. The very top guys do tend to be very good.

My second or third series after I started playing online I played the guy ranked #2 and lost two in a row 4-3 and 3-2. I felt pretty good about myself then.

You've inspired me to start a thread on strategy since I was going to make some observations and ask you some questions about how you play.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Mario Strikers Brag

Good job! I've yet to get into the online portion of this game, as my friend's house that I keep my Wii at doesn't have internet access.

I am very curious to see how it's playing out, though, like which moves people are using more, which are considered 'cheap', etc. I will admit, at first I loved Hammer Bros for his deke/power shot, but now that I'm getting the hang of Toad's deke, shooting has become passé. If I don't walk into the goal, I've failed.