Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 11:41 PM

Default TT 4-handed

PFR was ~16/5 over a few hundred hands. Button was ~40/15/1.5 ish. No real reads other than that. I decided not to 3-bet pre because of the nitty PFR.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $79.15
beachbum (BB): $98.50
UTG: $36.70
MP: $154.75
CO: $108.40
BTN: $60.90

Preflop: beachbum is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $3.50, SB calls $3.00, beachbum calls $2.50

Flop: ($14) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, beachbum checks, MP checks, BTN checks

I knew I was ahead of MP after he didn't cbet the flop. If I check turn, button usually bets a smaller amount than I do which allows me to possibly show the hand down cheaper.

Turn: ($14) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">beachbum bets $12.00</font>, MP folds, BTN calls $12.00, SB folds

River: ($38) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
beachbum checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $45.40</font>, beachbum ???
Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: TT 4-handed

Villain sounds passive enough to slowplay, he could also have AJ. vs a creative LAG this might be close but now its just a instafold
Old 07-16-2007, 12:11 AM

first thoughts were AK, misses flop so he checks. Thinks you're FOS on turn, so calls, rivers his ace and hopes you call the overbet?

Then I got to thinking that it looked more like JJ and a slowplayed set that's hoping you hit an A?

Then again, almost every time I call a river overbet in spots like this it's some weird bluff so I"m confused. Gut instinct says you're beat, though
Old 07-16-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first thoughts were AK, misses flop so he checks. Thinks you're FOS on turn, so calls, rivers his ace and hopes you call the overbet?

Then I got to thinking that it looked more like JJ and a slowplayed set that's hoping you hit an A?

Then again, almost every time I call a river overbet in spots like this it's some weird bluff so I"m confused. Gut instinct says you're beat, though

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain in the hand is the cold-caller, not the PFR. PFR's hand can only be AQs+. It's either a passively played Jack, missed flush, or rivered Ace (possibly Aces up). Stack sizes seem bad for bet/fold. I dunno.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain in the hand is the cold-caller, not the PFR. PFR's hand can only be AQs+. It's either a passively played Jack, missed flush, or rivered Ace (possibly Aces up). Stack sizes seem bad for bet/fold. I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, didn't notice that, my fault trying to play/post/read.

still playing so my thought process might not be completely together, but looking at it again I think this is a missed draw. I don't have a HUD so I don't rely on stats so take this FWIW.

looking at it again looks like a missed draw to me. Something like 8c9c, good hand to call with pre on the button, picks up a big draw on flop, takes a free card, gets better on turn and passively calls, then misses completely on river and makes desperation bluff.

just starting to post in these forums so kind of throwing thoughts out there seeing what people think. if this is an awful thought process feel free to let me know, but this is pretty much how i saw the hand after sitting out for a couple hands and taking a better look at it....