Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What are you pushing?
any 2 (I either need to triple up this hand or fire up another game) 0 0%
top 50% Any A,K, Q5+, J7+, T9 1 5.88%
top 35% As,K4,Q9,JT 6 35.29%
top 25% 22+,A2,K9, QJ 4 23.53%
33+,A5+,KTs, KQ 1 5.88%
55+,AT+,A8s,KQs 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Drugs and Thought

Does anyone else here notice the benefits of marijuana (or some other drug) for deep thought? Weed lets me tap into my psyche pretty hard, and I become almost schizophrenic as I uncontrollably pinpoint the various voices in my head. Not only that, but if I read a book or watch a movie while high, my thoughts burst in rapid succession. They are usually right-brained, creative, and intuitive, as opposed to logical.

As of now, I write down my thoughts while high, and they are interesting but require filling out (which I'm too impatient to do while stoned). As far as I know, Carl Sagan smoked a lot of pot, and an anonymous article - thought to be his - praised its benefits. Any other intellectuals (here or famous) use drugs to unleash brain power? Do you find anything wrong with it?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Drugs and Thought

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else here notice the benefits of marijuana (or some other drug) for deep thought? Weed lets me tap into my psyche pretty hard, and I become almost schizophrenic as I uncontrollably pinpoint the various voices in my head. Not only that, but if I read a book or watch a movie while high, my thoughts burst in rapid succession. They are usually right-brained, creative, and intuitive, as opposed to logical.

As of now, I write down my thoughts while high, and they are interesting but require filling out (which I'm too impatient to do while stoned). As far as I know, Carl Sagan smoked a lot of pot, and an anonymous article - thought to be his - praised its benefits. Any other intellectuals (here or famous) use drugs to unleash brain power? Do you find anything wrong with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just get really dizzy and sick. But I'm a weed n00b, so who knows.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:58 AM

It's great if you can sort out the pure fluff from the good stuff. Drugs can help a lot with inspiration. Also I think the context that altered states of consciousness provide can be valuable in ways that are hard to predict.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:07 AM

How surprising that some of the most liberal and irrelgious posters in this forum are druggies. Do you also think being high helps you to play poker better? What about driving a car?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How surprising that some of the most liberal and irrelgious posters in this forum are druggies. Do you also think being high helps you to play poker better? What about driving a car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post sounds unneccesarily negative. Sleeping is very beneficial but being asleep doesn't help driving or playing poker, they can/should be exclusive things.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:27 AM

Apples and oranges. Non-narcoleptic people don't try to play poker or drive while asleep.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apples and oranges. Non-narcoleptic people don't try to play poker or drive while asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, and who says we try to play poker or drive while on drugs?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:04 AM

madnak,

Search the archives of the politics and psychology forums and you will find not only instances of both, but defenses of both by drug users.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:07 AM

I thought we were talking about this forum, as that's where you leveled the accusation.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:18 AM

I was talking in general on the assumption that the drug users who frequent this forum aren't particularly different than drug users who frequent those forums. However if there is a difference in SMP druggies and politics/psych druggies, I would be interested in reading you describe same.