Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Do You Fold the River

[ QUOTE ]
Where is that owl when I need it. You realize he would probably have called your river bet with 22, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99, TT, QQ, J3, AJ, A3 any A,...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, did you miss the part where I say

[ QUOTE ]
it has come up alot and I am loosing most of them. In other words I am running like the worst crap in the world

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe when I said

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that bet/calling the river is the optimal play but due to the way I am running I check/called.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that bet/calling the river is the optimal play but due to the way I am running I check/called. There is the argument that the villian may have folded thinking I had AK for the bigger fullhouse, but that is remote and I would have lost the same amount or more if he raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott, you need to take a break. You're on tilt (altering the way you play your hands due to the results from previous hands). You're actually on some pretty serious monkey-tilt, it sounds like, given the convolutions you've gone through in this thread, and the highly suspect assumptions you're making about Villans' thought-processes.

And, fwiw, the argument that Villan might have folded his boat thinking you had a better boat is completely specious...a) the guy cold-called 3 pf with a small pair, 2) nobody ever folds a boat on the river in micro games, and iii. you bet the river because he will call with worse hands, not because he will fold better ones.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, did you miss the part where I say

[ QUOTE ]
it has come up alot and I am loosing most of them. In other words I am running like the worst crap in the world

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe when I said

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that bet/calling the river is the optimal play but due to the way I am running I check/called.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...look one post up. The fact that you've lost a few hands is meaningless, except inasmuch as it's affecting the way you're playing new hands.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:38 PM

:g:

I call. Your check on river is gonna make villian bluff enuf to make your call ok.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you've lost a a few hands is meaningless, except inasmuch as it's affecting the way you're playing new hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was only "a few hands" I wouldn't have posted it. It has been happening this way 90 out of a 100 hands for 5 months straight.

I am suprised nobody asked me for my screen name so they can pick up the bucket loads of bets I am dumping.

Sorry, I am ssooooooo frustrated with poker because of this. I do appreciate your respones and tonight when I am not at work I am going to post ALL of my hands in a 30 min session for you to look at. So please stay tuned .
Old 11-14-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I am ssooooooo frustrated with poker because of this. I do appreciate your respones and tonight when I am not at work I am going to post ALL of my hands in a 30 min session for you to look at. So please stay tuned .

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't. Just save it for a review session.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:50 PM

When is the next review session?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If it was only "a few hands" I wouldn't have posted it. It has been happening this way 90 out of a 100 hands for 5 months straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, just call the river and you'll break even DUCY [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, you might not want to do that unless you have a fetish for trainwrecks. Take a few days off srsly -- you are going to tilt away even more. And think about what your first statement I quoted means. Do you realize what your win rate would be if you won 90 out of 100 hands like this [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If you cant live with that then switch to NL -- fewer suck outs ????? profit.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

I bet fold the river, but I think I do that too often without really understanding what I am doing.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I maybe over thinking but at the same time I think you are under estimating today's .5/1 players. 2 years ago I would agree with you, but today IMO, there are far less donks like the ones you are describing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this comment at least to the extent that games have been getting tougher on all levels I've played after the UIGEA. That includes 0.50/1 when UIGEA happened.

Nevertheless, Villain in this hand is a donkey.