Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Italy trip report (long, with pics)

Very nice trip report. Backpacked in Rome/Tuscany for over a month this summer (left for a week, stayed for 6, it's that beatiful) and these pictures are really reeeeaally painfull to watch actually [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Siena is very nice as well and this is completely standard imo [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, after looping around parts of the city for a few minutes, we realized the bus was heading out of town - to a town 10 miles away. After we realized this we had no choice but to get off at some deserted country road bus stop, and try to hop another bus back into town. Good times!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2007, 12:44 AM

great work Scott. Amazing pics and nice storytelling. Glad you two had a fun time!
Old 10-06-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
great work Scott. Amazing pics and nice storytelling. Glad you two had a fun time!

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. enjoyed every word and picture. please go everywhere and write about it!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get to Vegas, Adsman, we'll have a cocktail party at my house in your honor!

Fantastic trip report, Nolanfan...excellent in every way!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dom, I'm most certainly coming to Vegas so I'll hold you to that kind offer. There'll be lots of chicks, right?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:36 AM

dang, ads, mojito and caipirinha right at the top, eh? I may give up there and not move down the list.

Awesome setup you got. Better than i imagined, even. Maybe i'll get out there sooner than later :P
Old 10-07-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wednesday morning, we got up fairly early, packed, and headed out to check out the Peggy Guggenheim museum. Fairly small museum, but it was cool to check out some modern art after seeing places like the Borghese and Uffizi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was glad to read that you went to the Guggenheim. Nice little gem among the other jewels in Venice. You really did your homework.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:42 PM

Fantastic trip report. Definitely makes me want to go back to Italy again. I saw all of the same places as you except Sienna.

My favorite was most certainly Cinque Terra. I am 22 so that makes sense, but I also saw very little 'spring breakers' so I think going in more of the offseason was a great choice [I'm not a typical college kid either]. That place is beyond beautiful and one of my favorite places on earth.

I think it was a great choice not to spend too much time in Milan either. We had planned to stay two days and left after less than one. If you guys aren't shoppers, which you said your wife wasn't, that place really isn't that great.

Italy overall is just fantastic and is my favorite European country that I visited while traveling abroad. They have the romantic language, the food, the drink and the history that is just second to none. Plus, they have the best gellato ever [best in this place next to the Vatican and a little place in Padua]. Enough said.

Great to hear you had a awesome time visiting and thanks for writing it up. It was fun to see so many of the same places again and relive it.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, they have the best gellato ever [best in this place next to the Vatican and a little place in Padua]. Enough said.

Great to hear you had a awesome time visiting and thanks for writing it up. It was fun to see so many of the same places again and relive it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Emmitt and others for the nice comments. And man, I can't believe I left out gelato in the trip report! We of course had that all of the time, I think there were two days where we didn't have it for some reason.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 PM

One of the best trip reports on twoplustwo!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:45 AM

This was by far the best trip report I've seen here. Incredible work, Scott. My wife is very pleased, because now I want to go to Italy (assuming I get to go back to Germany first).