Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Ohio State at Washington

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, who hates Washington State? I guess the last few years of sucking has gotten to Husky fans since I would expect some combination of mild disdain, feeling sorry, and general condescension toward WSU than any sort of hatred.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's many that love one team while hating the other passionately. Lots of UW fans hate Oregon too. To some it's like one of these teams raped their sister or something.

I don't. I like all the NW Pac-10 teams. I reserve my Pac10 hate for USC and UCLA. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Old 09-14-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, who hates Washington State? I guess the last few years of sucking has gotten to Husky fans since I would expect some combination of mild disdain, feeling sorry, and general condescension toward WSU than any sort of hatred.

I'll be watching as I haven't seen Washington play this year. This game for them has a lot of upside in the sense that anything but a total ass kicking would be positive. Even that wouldn't be bad. Playing well in a loss would be good for them and obviously winning would be huge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing personal. I don't want their plane to crash or anything, but I root for two teams every season--the Huskies and whoever's playing the Cougars. Most of my family (me included) graduated from UW and we have a few who married into the family from WSU. They're snobby stuck up pieces of [censored] who talked smack to my two-year old for wearing his Husky slippers to Christmas last year. That intensifies the hatred for me, but I've always had more than mild disdain for the Cougs.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:58 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

JaredL,

Mild disdain and general condescension is a pretty good way to put it. I think for most husky fans Washington-Oregon is a bigger rivalry.

I don't knwo how to pick this game either. Locker is awesome but they looked pretty sloppy against BSU. tOSU hasn't really done anything either.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:15 PM

God Damn I am torn. I hate both of these teams.

Also LOL at UW/UO a bigger rivalry than UW/WSU.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's many that love one team while hating the other passionately. Lots of UW fans hate Oregon too. To some it's like one of these teams raped their sister or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm accustomed to that. I hate your huskies in this way. I just don't understand why anyone would passionately hate WSU.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:46 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

More WSU fans hate UW than UW fans hate WSU. The UW-WSU "rivalry" is like it would be if I had a who-can-beat-up-who rivalry with my little sister.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing personal. I don't want their plane to crash or anything, but I root for two teams every season--the Cougars and whoever's playing the Huskies. Most (all) UW fans are snobby stuck up pieces of [censored] who talk about WSU as if it's a community college for retards in the middle of a god forsaken wasteland. That intensifies the hatred for me, but I've always had more than mild disdain for the [censored] Huskies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-14-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God Damn I am torn. I hate both of these teams.

Also LOL at UW/UO a bigger rivalry than UW/WSU.

[/ QUOTE ]
werd and werd

Personally, I am cheering for the PAC-10 in this game. As a WSU fan I am not willing to cheer FOR UW, EVER... however, I hope the PAC-10 wins this game.

I actually think UW has a decent chance to win this game.

[ QUOTE ]
More WSU fans hate UW than UW fans hate WSU. The UW-WSU "rivalry" is like it would be if I had a who-can-beat-up-who rivalry with my little sister.

[/ QUOTE ]
This general attitude from UW fans is one of the main reasons why I can't stand UW and their fans. Living in the Seattle area makes this worse of course.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing personal. I don't want their plane to crash or anything, but I root for two teams every season--the Cougars and whoever's playing the Huskies. Most (all) UW fans are snobby stuck up pieces of [censored] who talk about WSU as if it's a community college for retards in the middle of a god forsaken wasteland. That intensifies the hatred for me, but I've always had more than mild disdain for the [censored] Huskies.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bud went to the apple cup last year. It is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, according to him. He did say they had a beautiful campus. Gorgeous. Until you get to the stadium. Which he said was a total piece of crap. Which is too bad, really. Since they have a great setting for a late winter game that opponents dread going to, to play. One of the many reasons I like the Pac10 is all the different climates involved in the conference. Not sure if any of the other conferences share that.

b
Old 09-14-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bud went to the apple cup last year. It is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, according to him. He did say they had a beautiful campus. Gorgeous. Until you get to the stadium. Which he said was a total piece of crap. Which is too bad, really. Since they have a great setting for a late winter game that opponents dread going to, to play. One of the many reasons I like the Pac10 is all the different climates involved in the conference. Not sure if any of the other conferences share that.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a WSU season-ticket holder (I live in Seattle and drive over for 3-4 games a year), and while Martin Stadium certainly isn't on par with Autzen or Husky Stadium, I think "total piece of crap" is a bit harsh.

They're doing renovations in phases -- the first one is done now, I believe, and mainly was about improving the concourses and restrooms. They eventually want to add seats and luxury boxes, which seems idiotic to me -- capacity now is 35,117 and the area can't support much more than that. The last thing I want to see is a half-empty stadium for every game except the Apple Cup.

Pullman is in the middle of nowhere, and it's a great college town. The whole town is the college, essentially -- I think the student population is about 20,000 or so and the total population is about 25,000.

And winters in Pullman can be absolutely brutal. That's a great point about the Pac-10 climates, bernie. I had never thought about that range before.

BTW, I've been to Husky Stadium once, and I'm never going back. I saw the Cougs beat the Huskies there in 1997 to earn their first Rose Bowl berth in 67 years, and to this day I get a [censored]-eating grin on my face when I drive by on the freeway. It looks awesome and it's got a great view of the lake, but they really need to get rid of the track surrounding the field.)