Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 11:48 AM

Default atlantic city versus LA

im 90% sure my boyfriend and i are moving to la, but someone just told me that borgota has much better games than LA. is that true? i play mid to high LHE, and he plays low to mid LHE and NL. any comparison or analysis is appreciated.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: atlantic city versus LA

i didnt realize that it's possible to have better games than ones in la...
Old 05-22-2007, 11:55 AM

I've never been to AC but I've been told by everyone that the holdem games are much much tougher there, surprised to hear the opposite now. I think LA is gonna be way better just because of the proximity to Vegas plus great games.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-22-2007, 12:10 PM

There is no comparison. AC and East Coast players in general skew towards the weak-tighter side when compared to West coast players. Ironically, this holds true for fish and well as the solid pros. If you're a solid TAG, your EV is much high at Commerce (but your variance is too). There are far fewer "maniacs" in AC and many more calling stations. I am obviously generalizing here, but there are definitely long periods of time in AC where there is not much action above the 20/40 LHE level at least, which is what I play. I am not sure if this applies to the lower limits but I would venture to say yes.

You should know that countless times I have been at the Borgata and talked or heard players talking about how much sick action there is at Commerce and reminiscing about their previous trips there. "Commerce is the absolute nuts in terms of treating players--the food, 9 handed tables, the floorpeople" etc...
Old 05-22-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt realize that it's possible to have better games than ones in la...

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't even matter.

Stand outside in AC for 15 minutes, and stand outside in LA for 15 minutes.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no comparison. AC and East Coast players in general skew towards the weak-tighter side when compared to West coast players. Ironically, this holds true for fish and well as the solid pros. If you're a solid TAG, your EV is much high at Commerce (but your variance is too). There are far fewer "maniacs" in AC and many more calling stations. I am obviously generalizing here, but there are definitely long periods of time in AC where there is not much action above the 20/40 LHE level at least, which is what I play. I am not sure if this applies to the lower limits but I would venture to say yes.

You should know that countless times I have been at the Borgata and talked or heard players talking about how much sick action there is at Commerce and reminiscing about their previous trips there. "Commerce is the absolute nuts in terms of treating players--the food, 9 handed tables, the floorpeople" etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i had heard that years ago, and was surprised that my friend said borgota was the best. guess we're definitely going to LA. thanks guys.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:25 PM

as a former somewhat regular in AC, let me say you might as well have titled this thread, "mike tyson vs. some random 6th grade girl"
Old 05-22-2007, 01:11 PM

never been to LA but in relation to Vegas, the AC games are worse but i would say not by much...
Old 05-22-2007, 01:12 PM

I think Borgata is better because the people respect your raises. Last time at Commerce, I raised UTG with KK, and the friggin donkey to my left cold calls with A3 OFFSUIT! I won't even finish the story, you know how it ends!!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Borgata is better because the people respect your raises. Last time at Commerce, I raised UTG with KK, and the friggin donkey to my left cold calls with A3 OFFSUIT! I won't even finish the story, you know how it ends!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
When people don't respect your raises and call 2 cold pre-flop with trash hands - they are huge donors. You got unlucky on that hand. Think of all the hands where you have AK, AQ, AJ in a similar scenario. That guy is your friend. When I am in LA I go straight to Commerce. I don't even know what the other clubs look like.

I have a similar story where I opened UTG with KK after not playing a hand for a long time. Seven callers pre-flop!!! I happened to win that one. But when you play with terrible players the hands they win will mostly be bad beats. It should be a temporary loan.