Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 07:38 PM

Default .5/1 AT against lag

BB 3bet nearly every hand I raised, or anyone else for that matter. IIRC he ran 50/30/3-ish, in that range. Played very aggro all way to river yet seemed to be showing down good hands most of the time too.

Preflop, meh. I have position. He's 3betting really wide IMO, standard cap? Flop I am trying to get a free card and see a cheap showdown by raising, spew? Then I hit a card and he bet again. Call or raise?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 10-27-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: .5/1 AT against lag

Um I think the converter messed up the stakes, is this 500/1000?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um I think the converter messed up the stakes, is this 500/1000?

[/ QUOTE ]No? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

It looks normal to me. Weird.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:52 PM

I dont see that you have much fold equity against this guy.

I think the pf cap is fine, but I would just have called his flop bet and called down after you paired your T on the turn.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:12 PM

I dont like the turn raise that much, you have an hand that isnt as good as the huge hand youve represented and want to SD and yet this guy keeps betting into you. getting 3 balled here really sucks. his b/c line on the flop and betting the turn seems fishy and fishy is often a hand that crushes you that he doesnt want to scare you away with.
what did you want to accomplish with the turn raise?. he certainly isnt folding anything that has you beat and he is taking you to valuetown if he has u beat. he also isnt folding any half decent draw though. you also havent seen him showdown anything totally ridic yet despite being a lag he may (or may not, cant really be sure at all really) be capable of giving up his bluff when you play back on teh turn.

for me a turn raise will win you an extra bet some of the time (as opposed to calling down the turn) but that is at the risk of losing 2 extra bets. in the end, its is hard to put these sort of guys on a hand and sometimes you gotta grimace and get to SD and/or valuebet when in good spots...oh and keep working on those reads so you can work out this specific guys 'moves'
Old 10-27-2007, 10:25 PM

Worst spot ever for a free card raise.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:42 AM

Wow...

Don't cap preflop.

Just call the flop bet, especially because you capped preflop.

If you had just called the flop, raise the turn, but since you capped preflop and raised the flop, call the turn and get to showdown.