Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Phil Galfond?

[ QUOTE ]
He was also on a couple eps of UCP if anyone wants to pull up a link to those. I remember one hand where he lost like a 300k pot to admo.
sweaty phil 33
admo JJ

flop AJ3

admo bets. sweaty phil comes over the top all in. admo says im not good enough to lay this down and calls.

well played?
u tell me...

[/ QUOTE ]

someone find this please?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He was also on a couple eps of UCP if anyone wants to pull up a link to those. I remember one hand where he lost like a 300k pot to admo.
sweaty phil 33
admo JJ

flop AJ3

admo bets. sweaty phil comes over the top all in. admo says im not good enough to lay this down and calls.

well played?
u tell me...

[/ QUOTE ]

someone find this please?

[/ QUOTE ]

here you go

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t...nnel=901590594
Old 10-24-2007, 01:53 AM

Sigh...so many issues could have been avoided by challenging Helmuth HU4ROLLZ
Old 10-24-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ people wanting jman to play -ev poker just to get more TV time like sammy.

[/ QUOTE ]
As Doyle said, you have to give action to get action. Jman didn't give any action, and thus he lost his action. Even Sklansky himself wrote in TOP that sometimes for political reasons you should play suboptimal poker to really maximize your EV in a larger sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize in almost every televised hand it was 18-20k to go before it even got to him??
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He even played JJ passively. Not even raising pre with position on Sammy and Hellmuth?

WTF

I like the guy, I do but I think it was a terrible representation of what he was trying to represent - online high stake balla's

[/ QUOTE ]

You want the guy to re-raise JJ while the entire table is discussing how much of a nit he is???
Old 10-24-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. PH is notorious for offering to play people for 100k-1M, getting an affirmative response, and then backing down when the guy shows he's not kidding. But it would have at least further outlined how much of a punk PH is.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He even played JJ passively. Not even raising pre with position on Sammy and Hellmuth?

WTF

I like the guy, I do but I think it was a terrible representation of what he was trying to represent - online high stake balla's

[/ QUOTE ]

You want the guy to re-raise JJ while the entire table is discussing how much of a nit he is???

[/ QUOTE ]
I love the Eric lindgren line from season 2..."In no limit hold em sometimes we vary our play". Plus the undisputed king of nits raised.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what a weak performance from Galfond. If you would have put some tight 0,5-1 NL Grinder in his seat the results would have been the same. Standard ABC poker and no talking is not what people want to see. lol @ showing how the online high roller are way better than the big live names.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] how stupid this post is. Good to know the game will always be profitable.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. PH is notorious for offering to play people for 100k-1M, getting an affirmative response, and then backing down when the guy shows he's not kidding. But it would have at least further outlined how much of a punk PH is.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that when PH calls him out, if PG challenges him HU4ROLLZ it makes a huge TV moment as PH is called out, and pretty much guarantees PG a spot on Day 3.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that when PH calls him out, if PG challenges him HU4ROLLZ it makes a huge TV moment as PH is called out, and pretty much guarantees PG a spot on Day 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
i sooooo wanted to hear that "HU4ROLLZ PHIL??"