Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Phil Galfond?

He was also on a couple eps of UCP if anyone wants to pull up a link to those. I remember one hand where he lost like a 300k pot to admo.
sweaty phil 33
admo JJ

flop AJ3

admo bets. sweaty phil comes over the top all in. admo says im not good enough to lay this down and calls.

well played?
u tell me...
Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He even played JJ passively. Not even raising pre with position on Sammy and Hellmuth?

WTF

I like the guy, I do but I think it was a terrible representation of what he was trying to represent - online high stake balla's

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the JJ call was good. if he raised there he would get no action at all because of his image, so the call there is much better imo, it is tougher to play that way but definitely correct given the situation. look what happened when brandon had KK
Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 PM

link for that?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was also on a couple eps of UCP if anyone wants to pull up a link to those. I remember one hand where he lost like a 300k pot to admo.
sweaty phil 33
admo JJ

[/ QUOTE ] He has an amazing call down on cash poker vs I think kido pham.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:23 PM

I know you cant provide links or stuff, but if anyone knows what series/eps Jman has played on im curious for a watch sometime.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAUKuL_1S5A

all i could find.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His average stack with the straddles was like 40-80BBs deep - im not sure if your aware, but calling a raise with 93 or whatever trash he was getting dealt would be pretty bad.

He played for 2 hours, and in total probably got 70 hands, tops - probably 50 or less. In that time he happened to get two playable hands and played them pretty solid (though its easy to criticise the QQ hand when you can see the hole cards).

Its a shame Phil didnt get to play the 500k game because it would have been really good TV to see him shove 36 on a TT2 flop against Hellmuth and show it tilting him to [censored] and other crazy LAG stuff like that - but on the 100k day he was just too short and the game just too loose to do anything but TAG it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way in this life or the next that jman would ever shove 500k on the flop with 36 on a TT2 board. You clearly have not read jman's posts, articles, or watched his cardrunners video. This is not Brad Booth we are talking about here.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:38 PM

Link to Jman on cash poker
Old 10-23-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sweaty phil 33
admo JJ

[/ QUOTE ] He has an amazing call down on cash poker vs I think kido pham.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has a straight vs kido's ten high

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t...nnel=901590594
Old 10-23-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His average stack with the straddles was like 40-80BBs deep - im not sure if your aware, but calling a raise with 93 or whatever trash he was getting dealt would be pretty bad.

He played for 2 hours, and in total probably got 70 hands, tops - probably 50 or less. In that time he happened to get two playable hands and played them pretty solid (though its easy to criticise the QQ hand when you can see the hole cards).

Its a shame Phil didnt get to play the 500k game because it would have been really good TV to see him shove 36 on a TT2 flop against Hellmuth and show it tilting him to [censored] and other crazy LAG stuff like that - but on the 100k day he was just too short and the game just too loose to do anything but TAG it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way in this life or the next that jman would ever shove 500k on the flop with 36 on a TT2 board. You clearly have not read jman's posts, articles, or watched his cardrunners video. This is not Brad Booth we are talking about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolol, obviously he wouldnt. I just struggled to come up with a credible example so i went in the other direction.