Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 02:12 PM

Default 2 Basketball question

1)How many male basketball players would be good enough to be in the top 10 of female basketball players?
2)Milwaukee Bucks vs Florida ,NCAA rules, what would be the final score?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: 2 Basketball question

Pretty sure we've had similar threads.

1) Considering only the US (or talent playing in the US), somewhere in the 4 figures range?

2) Off the top of my head, 90-50?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:49 PM

1) - Alot of them. Probably the entire NBA, NBA-DL, any other US basketball association (like the CBA), all European/Asian professional teams, the top college prospects. I could go on but you get the idea.

2) - Which Florida team? The team that won back to back titles or who they have now? You want the game played under NCAA rules? That doesn't bode well for Florida since the three-point line would be 3-4 feet in. That'd be like a midrange jumper for Redd.

If I had to guess, I'd say:

Back-to-back National Champion Gators: Bucks- 95, Gators- 70
This year's Gators: Bucks- 100, Gators- 60

The difference between an NBA team and a college team with several NBA prospects is huge. Just the physical difference alone.

One of the only college teams I can think of in recent memory that would have a chance at beating the worst NBA team would be UNLV's title team of Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon and Anderson Hunt because they were basically a paid pro team in college uniforms anyway.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about Florida's team for 2007-2008, but if the Bucks are beating the back-to-back champs by 25, my guess is they'd beat the team without three lottery picks by more than 40.

-McGee
Old 08-02-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about Florida's team for 2007-2008, but if the Bucks are beating the back-to-back champs by 25, my guess is they'd beat the team without three lottery picks by more than 40.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured if this game happened Florida would use a slow-down style more to limit Milwaukee's possessions. And since the college shot clock is 11 seconds longer than the NBA's and the game is eight minutes less, that's kind of my reasoning.

Yes, if Florida tried to play the up-and-down style the national champs did against the Bucks, they'd get beat by about 70.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) - Alot of them. Probably the entire NBA, NBA-DL, any other US basketball association (like the CBA), all European/Asian professional teams, the top college prospects. I could go on but you get the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think way more than just the top college players would be on this list. D1 players have such an unreal physical advantage on any woman they play.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM

Why do people continually think college teams ever have any shot against even the worst professional teams?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 PM

1. Talented local gym rats would dominate the women's game.

2. It's be about a 30pt beatdown on average, with the Bucks probably scoring 90-100 points.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) - Which Florida team? The team that won back to back titles or who they have now? You want the game played under NCAA rules? That doesn't bode well for Florida since the three-point line would be 3-4 feet in. That'd be like a midrange jumper for Redd.

The difference between an NBA team and a college team with several NBA prospects is huge. Just the physical difference alone.

One of the only college teams I can think of in recent memory that would have a chance at beating the worst NBA team would be UNLV's title team of Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon and Anderson Hunt because they were basically a paid pro team in college uniforms anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

That UNLV team was awesome; the Duke team (Laettner-G. Hill-T. Hill-Davis-Hurley) that beat them was better.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That UNLV team was awesome; the Duke team (Laettner-G. Hill-T. Hill-Davis-Hurley) that beat them was better.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet neither would beat come terribly close to beating an NBA team.

-McGee