Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 05:06 AM

Default ** Event 41: World Championship Seniors NLHE **

Starts today at noon. Any 2p2er's planning to play?

(Granted it's a little outside our usual demographic, but we did have someone cash last year.)
Old 06-25-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: ** Event 41: World Championship Seniors NLHE **

I gotta wait another 2 years before I can play, but I'm looking foward to it. Murphy's law says though, they'll raise the age from 50 to something higher by then.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta wait another 2 years before I can play, but I'm looking foward to it. Murphy's law says though, they'll raise the age from 50 to something higher by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what happened at the movies. The day I turned 55 the age for senior discount was changed to 62.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:23 PM

I can play in 4 years..... maybe I will good enough by then???

However in reality, they should raise the limit to 70 so I have more time to improve.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:48 PM

The word I heard is 1800+ entries today, so quite a nice payday for the winners. One thing I noticed is they play tiggggggggght. The natural response would be to lag it up, but it's hard to get very laggy with T2000 starting chips.

I had one hand where I had AQ suited, and a short stack pushed in front of me. In the typical NLHE tournaments here, both in satellites and the $1500 I played in before, that's almost an instacall. I thought about it a minute and mucked, the 2 guys after me mucked. Pusher had AK and when we discussed it, the guy to my left said he had AQ too and never considered calling, even though it would have been only 10% of his stack. The couple guys within earshot agreed.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 AM

Yeah the younger internet guys are the ones that seem to be the Kamakazi's out there. Older people play more solid (tight) poker than the kids do.

I can't wait for 2 more years when I can play in it.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they'd only schedule the WSOP a couple months later I could play in this next year. Guess I'll probably have to wait 2 years as well.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The word I heard is 1800+ entries today, so quite a nice payday for the winners. One thing I noticed is they play tiggggggggght. The natural response would be to lag it up, but it's hard to get very laggy with T2000 starting chips.

I had one hand where I had AQ suited, and a short stack pushed in front of me. In the typical NLHE tournaments here, both in satellites and the $1500 I played in before, that's almost an instacall. I thought about it a minute and mucked, the 2 guys after me mucked. Pusher had AK and when we discussed it, the guy to my left said he had AQ too and never considered calling, even though it would have been only 10% of his stack. The couple guys within earshot agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still in this for day 2? Keep us updated!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still in this for day 2? Keep us updated!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm an idiot. I'd gone card dead for about a full level (other than the AQ mentioned above), but I kept telling myself to stay patient. Then with 10 minutes left in the level I pushed with A4 and of course, lost. I had an M of 5 so I should have waited. I don't know why I made a play I knew was wrong, maybe a lack of sleep. That's another lesson learned - three hours of sleep a day will eventually tear you up, especially if you're a senior.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 PM

It happens. Don't beat yourself up. Thanks for the trip report!