Old 11-15-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Why I Hate Missouri -- You Should Too

Barry Bonds did steroids.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 PM

Steve Nash = best player in the NBA.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 PM

I think the real question is - if Abraham Lincoln was a libertarian and Robert E. Lee was an atheist, would the Civil War even have been part of God's plan?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:03 PM

eagerly waiting for Abe Lincoln to enter this thread.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:53 PM

The OP was just the halftime scoreboard. Here's the final score:

Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The OP was just the halftime scoreboard. Here's the final score:

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-15-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, you sound like a huge douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a douche because I think people who support what the Confederate states stood for (SLAVERY) are morons? Uhhhhh...I'm missing your logic, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

just no
Old 11-15-2007, 06:43 PM

The maker of the t-shirt has put out a statement:

"First, at the time the photo of the yellow 'lawrence burning' t-shirt was taken, there were only four such shirts in existence. Those particular shirts or any more shirts of that design made by me absolutely have not and will not be sold or distributed beyond that group of friends by me.

As for the reasons for the shirt itself, the point of the shirt, to the extent that there was one, was as an informal protest against the University of Kansas’ continued use of the “Jayhawk” as its athletic logo and mascot. Any KU grads or students upset about the image on the yellow Lawrence burning shirt really need to investigate the origins of the term jayhawk and jayhawking, and they will find that all of the things that upset them about the shirt I made – town burning, citizens being murdered, lawlessness and looting – are all things that jayhawkers also did during that era.

The KU football team even wears red socks each time they play against Missouri to represent the “Redlegs”, another name for the Jayhawkers during that time period. So in my view, it is the University of Kansas that continues to force these old civil war issues to the forefront by the names their teams use and some of the practices they engage in.

I don’t like the idea of offending anyone but at the same time, I think that KU has already put that issue on the table with its mascot. I find it odd that the University of Kansas supported changing the official name of its athletic competition with Mizzou from the Border “War” to the Border “Showdown” because it didn’t think the term war appropriate, yet continues to use the term “jayhawk” and let its football team invoke the image of “redlegs.” That said, if the University of Kansas acknowledges these points and agrees that its mascot can be seen as offensive and an inappropriate symbol to use, I will then do what I’m sure many Kansans would like to see happen to the shirts I made – I will burn them."

full text
Old 11-15-2007, 06:48 PM

You have to love an athletic rivarly that has its roots in town burning and murder.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The maker of the t-shirt has put out a statement:

"First, at the time the photo of the yellow 'lawrence burning' t-shirt was taken, there were only four such shirts in existence. Those particular shirts or any more shirts of that design made by me absolutely have not and will not be sold or distributed beyond that group of friends by me.

As for the reasons for the shirt itself, the point of the shirt, to the extent that there was one, was as an informal protest against the University of Kansas’ continued use of the “Jayhawk” as its athletic logo and mascot. Any KU grads or students upset about the image on the yellow Lawrence burning shirt really need to investigate the origins of the term jayhawk and jayhawking, and they will find that all of the things that upset them about the shirt I made – town burning, citizens being murdered, lawlessness and looting – are all things that jayhawkers also did during that era.

The KU football team even wears red socks each time they play against Missouri to represent the “Redlegs”, another name for the Jayhawkers during that time period. So in my view, it is the University of Kansas that continues to force these old civil war issues to the forefront by the names their teams use and some of the practices they engage in.

I don’t like the idea of offending anyone but at the same time, I think that KU has already put that issue on the table with its mascot. I find it odd that the University of Kansas supported changing the official name of its athletic competition with Mizzou from the Border “War” to the Border “Showdown” because it didn’t think the term war appropriate, yet continues to use the term “jayhawk” and let its football team invoke the image of “redlegs.” That said, if the University of Kansas acknowledges these points and agrees that its mascot can be seen as offensive and an inappropriate symbol to use, I will then do what I’m sure many Kansans would like to see happen to the shirts I made – I will burn them."

full text

[/ QUOTE ]

lol 4 people made the t-shirts and this thread is about how missouri sucks

awesome