Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 08:07 AM

Default Another HUSNG hand + a general question

Poker Stars, $5 + $0.25 NL Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: 1,795
Hero (BB): 1,205

Pre-Flop: (45) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls 15, <font color="red">Hero raises to 150</font>, SB calls 120

Flop: (300) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 270</font>, SB calls 270

Turn: (840) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 785</font>, Hero calls 785 and is All-In

River: (2,410) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 2,410 Pot
SB showed 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Threes) and WON 2,410 (+1,205 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Threes) and LOST (-1,205 NET)

What do i do against those players, that call ATC preflop? I def. get punked by those players more often than not getting beaten by such hands like the one above, mostly by totally randomly two pair hands.

how do i play those players, and how to i dodge their strange two pair hands?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Another HUSNG hand + a general question

I like your large raise pre-flop . If he's willing to call with atc's then your raises need to be larger than the standard .

How often does he see the turn ?
What percentage would you assign to him having the best hand at this point by the turn ?
Is he a floater ?

So if you think you'll win more than 785/1625 or about 48.3% of the time , then calling the turn is a must .
Old 10-20-2007, 04:45 AM

If villian is playing atc's, I don't think that is the best flop to cbet on. Also, this depends a lot on his bluff frequency. If he doesn't bluff a lot, why call with ace high?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:36 PM

I like the big bet Pre flop however once he calls my flop bet I am ready to give up unless I have a read that says that this opponent is a floater. at this level, waiting for your hand and then betting it works a lot
Old 10-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Why on earth are you calling this turn? You are behind in the match. You have no hand and no draws and at best 6 outs which may not be good enough as the board is paired. Not too mention the combo draws out there. Hell you are even behind a naked 5.... wtf?

PF is great, you forced an error. But I will bet money that you are raising aggressively and villian knows he has to call you pf, and a good percentage of your cbets. Has he EVER floated you? Doubt it... he just calls when he has a piece of the board and shoves when he hits something good.

When they SHOVE down here it is for a reason. Give them a little credit until they prove otherwise. You're thinking no way he has 47, or a 3, but he does and shoves because idiots call this OFTEN. He stacks many pairs 77+ and you don't even have that, but he probably put you on a large pocket pair.

Very few fish down here are even felting a combo draw. When you see a random shove from a mostly passive opponent. BE EXTREMELY careful. This isn't 4th level thinking. It is pure donk extraction.

You just need to learn his tendencies. If he is calling a 5bb raise pf with q3o, and a near psb on the flop with bottom pair he shouldn't last long. You played great until you thought AK was the nuts way after it missed. Btw, you know he has a piece when he calls this flop. A small pair that hit is square in his range (set/boat) Ah7h or Ah4h. Shutdown. Throw out a blocker if he can bluff this board. But fold to the raise or a shove without a kickin read and proof that he is capable of this play with air.

Two bits.

Mike