FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: OP's Buddy is a
Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

Son of a [censored] bitch. How often does a team score well over twice as many points in the first half as they score in the second half?

I've been trying hard to avoid the knee-jerk trade Jermaine O'Neal for pennies on the dollar reaction. But if every fourth quarter is going to involve the JO-one-on-five show on every possession, then he's gotta go. I don't even know if it's his fault either, because in the first half he made five or six really nice passes instead of taking a contested shot. He played nice defense the whole game, too. I don't want to trade him if he can play like that for four quarters, even if he's only scoring 12 PPG. But every time, late in the game, same old [censored] all over again. That's three games in a row where we took control by attacking the basket and getting everyone involved, and then blew the game with this isolation [censored].
Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 PM

Big Baby is active, fouls out, lol. gg though, beast on the boards.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:36 PM

I think its a coaching problem if this has happened three games in a row.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:11 PM

It could be a coaching problem but this team had problems blowing big leads last year with a different coach. This one was as frustrating as any of them though. Just a horrible, horrible loss.

Does somebody keep track of a stat that measures how often teams blow leads? I want to make sure that other teams don't do this as often as we do or that we're not just experiencing negative variance.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:22 PM

So do the bulls just suck or what?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are good, they just don't have a true point guard, a go-to scorer, or any semblance of a capable big man.

however, if you ask bulls fans, their talent is apparently better than that of the celtics last year, or hawks, or blazers, or anyone, and they don't need to trade for an all-star, because they are gonna be the first team ever to win a championship with no all-stars. srsly.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
however, if you ask bulls fans, their talent is apparently better than that of the celtics last year, or hawks, or blazers, or anyone, and they don't need to trade for an all-star, because they are gonna be the first team ever to win a championship with no all-stars. srsly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the bulls fans in this forum. The fans in the crowd were chanting for "Kobe" tonight.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the bulls fans in this forum. The fans in the crowd were chanting for "Kobe" tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

they've been chanting for Kobe in the last few games I've seen
Old 11-11-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are good, they just don't have a true point guard, a go-to scorer, or any semblance of a capable big man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have I ever said that we would win a championship with this team? I said I expected to lose in the conference finals to the celtics.

And most all claim we have better talent then the teams you mention, because they actually produce on the court. How many games did the celts, hawks, blazers win last year?

Portland has the best young talent in the nba though

again with the [censored] superstar comments. okay seriously what package did the bulls decline or not offer that would've gotten them a true superstar?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 AM

I've never seen more inept shooting than Dallas right now. It's pretty sick, because it's almost like they're outplaying Portland. Forcing turnovers, grabbing a sick number of o-boards, but can't hit a single shot. Dallas opened the third by missing their first 14 shots.