Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Pokertracker Stud

I'm very much considering buying the stud version of PokerTracker now that I've moved to Full Tilt and I'm playing almost entirely just stud ring games.

I'm just looking for opinions on how useful the stud version is.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but a search brought up nothing.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker Stud

I guess the Stud version is as useful for Stud as the Hold'em version is for Hold'em.

Just buy it if you're serious about Poker.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 PM

download the trial version which is full features for 30 days then make a decsion. but it is really worth it.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:05 PM

If you have (or eventually have) a lot of HH with your regular opponents, PTS is a very worthwhile investment, if only to keep your buddy list updated. It is a superb fishfinder.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the Stud version is as useful for Stud as the Hold'em version is for Hold'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce isn't compatible with it yet so there's no HUD. However you can use the Advanced Notes Export function to have it load up their selected stats into their notes (but not for FTP apparently).

It's a neat function but I think its usefulness is questionable since I play a lot of HORSE. So when gives their stats, it's for all games combined; and keeping separate databases for each game is impractical. Anyone know of a solution?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce isn't compatible with it yet so there's no HUD. However you can use the Advanced Notes Export function to have it load up their selected stats into their notes (but not for FTP apparently).

It's a neat function but I think its usefulness is questionable since I play a lot of HORSE. So when gives their stats, it's for all games combined; and keeping separate databases for each game is impractical. Anyone know of a solution?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a HUD I wrote for poker tracker stud. I'd be happy to put it out there, but before I do I'm curious which stats people want to see. On mine I show:

(PT image) (vpip) (pfr) (af)
(wtsd) (w$sd) (#hands) (win/loss this session)

For stud I think # of times they saw 6th might be better. I also have some basic graphing, an interface to PT notes on the player, etc.

I've only tested it with full tilt, poker stars (long ago), party poker (even longer ago) and a few others but it should work for anything that supports PT, you'll just have to position the numbers yourself.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a HUD I wrote for poker tracker stud. I'd be happy to put it out there, but before I do I'm curious which stats people want to see. On mine I show:

For stud I think # of times they saw 6th might be better. I also have some basic graphing, an interface to PT notes on the player, etc.

I've only tested it with full tilt, poker stars (long ago), party poker (even longer ago) and a few others but it should work for anything that supports PT, you'll just have to position the numbers yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I'd certainly be interested in having a look at this. I can't think of any additional stats to include. In fact I'd have to do a bit of research to et a handle on interpreting AF, WtSD, and W$SD.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I'd certainly be interested in having a look at this. I can't think of any additional stats to include. In fact I'd have to do a bit of research to et a handle on interpreting AF, WtSD, and W$SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll post something next week. I need to clean it up a bit.

Oh... and I only have it working if you use postgres with pokertracker. I've never done it with the default (access) which I bet a lot of people use. I already had postgres installed and it's a better database so I went with that.

WTSD and W$SD are hard to use but I find them illuminating, especially comparing their numbers overall vs this session. If a players vpip is 50% and his wtsd is 25% this means he goes to showdown with a lot of very bad hands (my wtsd is also 25% but my vpip is 25% as well which means I see half as many showdowns as that guy)

AF is really only good at the margins. My AF is something like 1.3 (not including 3rd st) and that's reasonably but not overly aggressive (in my opinion I guess). Someone with an AF of 2 or more, over the long term is highly aggressive and is probably raising draws and any time he thinks he might be able to steal, or just for the hell of it. If he is loose as well, then this means he's VERY aggressive. People with an AF around 0.6 or 0.7 are checking and calling more often than they're raising betting or folding - these are your typical passive players. When a tight passive player bets I take serious stock of the situation, when someone with an AF of 2, vpip of 50 and pfr of 33 bets, I call with a lot of marginal hands.

Anyway, wtsd is important in holdem but in stud I think the number of times you see 6th might mean more, because as has often been discussed calling a bet with a marginal hand on 5th is a big deal, wheras lots of people who get to 6th are seeing a showdown.

I've been thinking about adding a few stats about check-raising but it hardly ever happens at .25/.5 so I don't worry about it too much, if someone checks on the end I'm usually betting for value most hands I would call if my opponent bet.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:02 AM

Can I get advice from all the smart computer guys? I said a while back I downloaded PT for stud trial version and it almost crashed my daughter's computer. Now, she has installed some updates and done whatever other stuff one does - and she said maybe to try again.

This is a five year old Dell with Windows XP. I deleted every bit of PT I could find out of it. So, what's the safest way to try downloading Poker Tracker for Stud? Any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I get advice from all the smart computer guys? I said a while back I downloaded PT for stud trial version and it almost crashed my daughter's computer. Now, she has installed some updates and done whatever other stuff one does - and she said maybe to try again.

This is a five year old Dell with Windows XP. I deleted every bit of PT I could find out of it. So, what's the safest way to try downloading Poker Tracker for Stud? Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never had any trouble with it. I often run it in a virtual version of windows on a 5 year old computer so I don't imagine it takes that much in the way of resources. I don't really know what to advise without knowing what the actual problem was.