Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Absolutely heated about JC Tran situation at Foxwoods

JC Tran got so much money anyway so let the donk win.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You are correct that both hands are to be shown during an all in where no more action can take place but if a player wishes to kill his hand that can be done so and then expose the hand. The callers intent was to fold. The dealer prevented it by turning the hand up. At no time is a dealer or other player to touch a live hand and turn it up, that is the responsibility of the player of the hand. The dealer could have instructed the player to turn over the hand but the dealer should not have turned it over without killing the hand first.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps you should review the cardplayer.tv video. the tournament director said that the dealer did nothing wrong.

the player CAN NOT fold his hand in that all in situation. the hand will be played out. are you new to tournament rules?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this dude at the bike always used to shove all in and immeadiately go outside for a smoke.. we were all freindly about it but i'm pretty sure if you were a nit or an angle shooter you could call the clock on him at showdown and get his hand killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as his hand was face up before he left the table. it's the dealers responsibility to get the chips to his spot at the table after showdown. cards read. period. now if he left before exposing his hand then you quite possibly could screw the guy. is that what poker's really about. finding ways to screw your opponent?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 PM

I agree with Chau.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand why this thread is so long. the obvious (correct) ruling was made in a very simple situation. waht's there to talk about?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP wants to rehash his "someone else called donkey's straight flush" hand that happened quite some time ago, iirc. That thread was even longer than this one.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Absolutely heated about JC Tran situation at Foxwoods *DELETED*

Post deleted by foxw00ds player
Old 11-08-2007, 07:47 PM

i was in a satt once for a £1000 buy in tourny. 13 players left. i move in with ak pf( short stack) M of 5 ish, one guy calls.im sat next to the dealer in seat 1. as the guy flips his cards over the dealer grabs my cards and mucks them. were both all in. my had i declared instantly dead! opponent had k5 adn the pot was shipped to him..not ,much you can do about theses things.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] dont leave the house with out your card protector?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was in a satt once for a £1000 buy in tourny. 13 players left. i move in with ak pf( short stack) M of 5 ish, one guy calls.im sat next to the dealer in seat 1. as the guy flips his cards over the dealer grabs my cards and mucks them. were both all in. my had i declared instantly dead! opponent had k5 adn the pot was shipped to him..not ,much you can do about theses things..

[/ QUOTE ]

accept to declare to the dealer that somebody is going to die today and then proceed to stab myself in the neck for not stabbing the dealer in the neck.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was in a satt once for a £1000 buy in tourny. 13 players left. i move in with ak pf( short stack) M of 5 ish, one guy calls.im sat next to the dealer in seat 1. as the guy flips his cards over the dealer grabs my cards and mucks them. were both all in. my had i declared instantly dead! opponent had k5 adn the pot was shipped to him..not ,much you can do about theses things..

[/ QUOTE ]

accept to declare to the dealer that somebody is going to die today and then proceed to stab myself in the neck for not stabbing the dealer in the neck.

[/ QUOTE ]oh dont worry i was F bombing like a trooper lol.. said " next time ill bring a [censored] house brick to put on my cards blah blah.. worst thing was i was defo gonna ft that satt if i won that pot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the best response in this thread yet, not kidding.