Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Moved up, 3betting 88.

[ QUOTE ]
Ignore Puma's comment he is being a jack@ss

[/ QUOTE ]

Good counter argument and you gave a real understanding to the person on what his plan should be. Go to some other part of this forum im sure they have a section somewhere where ppl arent old enough to present ideas and arguments, instead call ppl names like in third grade! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 AM

I really dislike 3 betting with 88 in this spot, especially readless. I would even go so far to say that it is a mistake.

Your hand is very easy to play OOP in a multiway pot. I would much rather call, let the other players call, hit a set and stack one of the other 3 players. Your implied odds are too high to 3 bet with this hand and things can get ugly quickly if you are 4 bet, or called in more than one spot.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:53 AM

My first instinct is to just call, but IMO, if you just called, you need to bet out on this flop. If you don't, you're leaving the button wide open to push on you.

The more I think about it, the more I like a 3 bet. But, if he plays back at you, I think you'd have to fold because there's alot of hands that have you beat. And you don't have a read, so give him credit for a hand even if he's on the button.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My first instinct is to just call, but IMO, if you just called, you need to bet out on this flop. If you don't, you're leaving the button wide open to push on you.

The more I think about it, the more I like a 3 bet. But, if he plays back at you, I think you'd have to fold because there's alot of hands that have you beat. And you don't have a read, so give him credit for a hand even if he's on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning for liking a 3 bet more than just a call.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:15 AM

Preflop, any suggenstions on the size of the 3bet?

Postflop, betcall, betfold? betsizing?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning for liking a 3 bet more than just a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably put him on a steal from the button at first, hence the 3 bet to see if he's got a hand or just fooling around. I don't want to just call OOP & not know where I'm at in the hand. I'd rather him declare his hand with a 4 bet & I can fold before I get in too deep.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:30 AM

If you don't take down the pot pre-flop any bet you make on the flop turns your hand into a bluff or if you call a bluff-catcher.

There's really no reason to 3-bet mid Pairs pre, your requirements for playing PPs are the five-ten rule.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:01 PM

As played, I'm betting $45 and folding to a push.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:23 PM

An aggressive opponent is going to have a fairly big range to make that bet so I don't think the 3 bet is bad in itself but stacks sizes just make it tough on nearly every flop when ur called. If the button had a deeper stack, or perhaps a smaller stack, then I see nothing wrong with the 3bet especially if we have a tightish image (which new level nits normally do [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Old 05-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the anwers. Next time i know that i should call more often than 3bet here.

But anyway. If he has AQ/AK a shove would be profitable since > about 40% of my bets here are bet/folds since i will have missed overcards 99/88 here sometimes.

Lol when i move up i tend to overcompensate and beeing paranoid badly that every check or call or fold is an exploitable weakness.