Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Really disappointed with Doyle\'s Room

OK guys this is kinda a long read, but I feel this is really an outrage so I kinda went into detail.

From September of last year through February of this year I played probably as many or more hands than anyone on Doyle's Room. The majority of the time I was multi-tabling 5/10 and 10/20 PLO games, as well as some 2/4PLO, 3/6 and 5/10NLHE, 10/20LHE and various tournaments, usually playing on there a total of 30-50 hours a week. If you don't have an idea of what the average rakeback per month for this kinda play is, just run it through a rakeback calculator.

When I signed up last summer I could not find any evidence that anyone offered rakeback for Doyle's Room, which according to some I chatted with while playing this may not be true, but due to the fact that the games were so soft and the fact that Doyle's Room promised to give you cash for the Action Points you acquired, I continued to play there.

Over these 5-6 months I accumulated in excess of 1,500,000 Action Points, which cashed in would be around $2,300, nothing compared to what rakeback would be, but still a decent chunk. I started trying to cash them out in January, but I was told I needed to send a copy of my drivers liscense as well as a copy of a bank statement in order to verify my account. They assured me on the phone and through e-mails (which I still have) that once I did this everything would be taken care of. I sent them these two things and nothing happened over the next few weeks. I sent another e-mail asking that my action points be cashed in and they said my account had not been verified. I explained that I had done everything I had asked them to as well as checked my records, and saw rock solid proof I had sent them exactly what they had asked for to the proper address at DBPN. I finally got someone on the phone and stayed on with them through the process to make sure it got done this time. I was assured my account had been verified and everything was fine, and that I just needed to send an e-mail to the person who takes care of cashing in Action Points. I did this immediately. The next day I got an e-mail saying that in the last 24 hours they had decided to stop hosting US players and that they would not be able to give me any money, apparently I was one day too late.

I sent an e-mail back explaining that their company had made 10's of thousands in rake off of me the last 6 months, and that it is extremely unethical to promise a customer something for their business and then not deliver it. On top of that, I had been trying to cash out these points for weeks, and was only unable to do so due to the incompetence of their staff. They never responded, and are now totally ignoring me.

The timing of this could not be any worse for me. I'm on the worst losing streak of my poker career, down around $25k in the last 5 weeks, Neteller has a lot of money of mine that who knows if I'll ever see again, I have to pay my taxes for last year, and I still haven't gotten my regular withdrawl from Doyle's Room. Needless to say really bad timing and not something I would ever expect from a company run by the man who is said to be so honest and ethical. I doubt that Doyle had anything to do with my situation, but still, it's his company, and he should know that his management is treating their most profitable and loyal customers so horribly.

The way I see it, I don't think there is anything I can do, but if anyone has any suggestions or thinks they can help me with this in any way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit/MH: If anyone wishes to respond to this post, please use the official DR thread, in order that everyone may benefit, and not just the few who happen upon this thread. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Really disappointed with Doyle\'s Room

Yeah, Doyles really screwed alot of people when they pulled out of the US, if the UIGEA is repealed someone is going to be unhappy with all the bridges that were burnt over this.

The only thing you can do to get some kind of credit for the points is to transfer them to Full Tilt, if your waiting on a withdrawal from Doyle's and ever want to see it I would cancel it and have it transferred to Full Tilt as well. You can get a check from them now in about a week.

Good Luck
Old 03-15-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Really disappointed with Doyle\'s Room

The room ripped us off. I had action points I wanted to use in the store and wont even let you use them in the point store. This kind of thing gives a new meaning to the word burning your bridges. Not to mention they wont write a check and offered me a different withdrawl method that has a $29 flat fee for using.

In short this room did not just cut american players, they burned them badly and some of us wont forget if circumstances ever change you wont be getting a cent of my money.
Closed Thread