Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 10:34 AM

Default 100nl>>>> trips OOP facing aggresion is this a standard call??

Reads: villian = 34.46/22.41/12.50 over 58 hands

At the time i made a VERY loose call in the SB, the Table just seemed full of donks. And i felt i had great enough odds (both pot & implied odds) to call there, knowing everybody behind me is going to call. Iam certainly much more tighter from the SB. (FOLD SB to Steal= 75-80%)

I basically want to know if this is a standard call or fold after villian 's PUSH...........AS PLAYED pre-flop

important note: PARTYPOKER

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $139.80</font>
BB: $107.45
UTG: $103.45
MP: $127.70
CO: $125.45
BTN: $50.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, MP calls $1.00, <font color="red">CO raises to $4.00</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $3.50, BB calls $3.00, UTG calls $3.00, MP calls $3.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">MP bets $3.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.81</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $20.62</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60.00</font>, <font color="red">MP raises all-in to $123.70</font>, Hero calls $63.70

Pot Size: $267.40
Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: 100nl>>>> trips OOP facing aggresion is this a standard call??

you are checking flush draw flop against 5 players because......?

You have the best hand what is your quesiton exactly? What had does he have that beats you?

Shove all day and all night.

I think its more likely he has a flush draw then a 6.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:58 AM

I see nothing wrong with this hand.

Preflop is marginal but okay under certain table conditions.
Check-raising your trips from the SB on a 5-way flop is standard.
Getting it all-in is great.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:21 AM

i was planning to C/R the flop
Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 AM

What are your reads on villain? Have you seen him push draws, limp QQ+, stackoff with TP, does he bet small his draw or does he bet weakly his monster to induce raises? His stats looks very aggro so he may very well be doing some of these things but you can only be sure by paying attention.
Concerning this hand, his really small bet might be to prevent CO from c-betting so he can draw to his flush, so raising the flop is probably a good idea. But your flop raise is atrocious! Raise to 30.
As played, when he minraises you, it looks very very suspicious. Why would he ever do that with a flush draw? It looks a lot like a flopped monster trying to milk the pot.
I think u should just call at this point. Check the turn, call a reasonnable bet, same thing on river.

As a side note I think stacking off with trips/weak kicker on a multiway pot (especially agst a limper) is a common leak. Because the trip possibility is so obvious for everyone I play these extremely cautiously unless I have a specific reason to put all my money in.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:10 PM

villian just sat down (played 50 hands)

he did make a weak bet ($1 +/- $9pot) on a ragged flop with AJ once before.

i instantly potted the raise (bet pot script [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
I guess it was a little bit to much
Old 06-05-2007, 12:31 PM

I have to say that I too play hands like these very cautiously. You're in an unraised pot where trips are more than possible for villain - and your kicker sucks. I normally always get away from this hand in this situation but against this type of villain, and the table description you mentioned, I think you have to call him down
Old 06-05-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say that I too play hands like these very cautiously. You're in an unraised pot where trips are more than possible for villain - and your kicker sucks. I normally always get away from this hand in this situation but against this type of villain, and the table description you mentioned, I think you have to call him down

[/ QUOTE ]
This is NOT an unraised pot.

VS a "34.46/22.41/12.50" and when the "Table just seemed full of donks" I wouldn't worry about being beat here. Of course you can be beat, but being cautious here is missing out on value.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: 100nl>>>> trips OOP facing aggresion is this a standard call

Plus it's Party Pokah! Villain can have 77-AA or a flush draw. You sure as heck can't fold for 60 more.