Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: A crooked game

agreed mr stern , david not howard , should be enlightened about this individual. nba doesnt want a bad image, they want only upstanding good young men in their league, whether they can actully play ball is secondary.....lol.

youd be a barve man to out this guy as im sure his hangars on would like a little chay with you. these kind dont take losing their meal ticket very lightly.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is what I would suggest doing, don't let him know exactly what you are doing, but just confidently tell him "Your scouts, your coach, this school and town will all know about your degenerate gambling, your cheating at the tables and (maybe for this one) your booster funds. You have all of today to give all of the money back, you know how much you stole, if it's a dollar short you are going to be publicly [censored] on this and you will easily lose 10x the money you stole from us in the draft, not to mention the shame. It's your call, you have my number."

[/ QUOTE ]
I really really want to do this BUT I have calmed and started thinking a little more rationally I have a strong feeling if I threaten to mess with someones livelyhood this could get ugly very quickly, possibly with violence against me. Furthermore its really anyones guess to how much he actually cheated from me in particular besides the super obvious hands who knows. Im starting to feel like I should take my lumps here as that would be the smart thing to do. I mean all I really lost was about $450 in my own money and the time I spent playing in these games (obviously not including any potential winnings). I mean its a chunk of money but its not gonna hurt me at all I dont know if its worth it, yea Im pissed off, yea I feel disrespected but it could probably get a lot worse before it gets better.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

youd be a barve man to out this guy as im sure his hangars on would like a little chay with you. these kind dont take losing their meal ticket very lightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well maybe then if he has a lot of meal ticket buddies is to find the smartest one and tell him about it. I'm sure he could convince Mr. Basketball to pay back some of the money and probably even turn it into "I saved you from losing draft position or getting a bad rep" type thing.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He was shuffling under the table

[/ QUOTE ]

Make up your mind buddy.

Anyone have any guesses on which NY school has a player with NBA prospects within the next two years? Since OP won't man up and say it himself?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:48 AM

lol. i like that.

hangars on types prolly good at stabbing anyone in the back, even the meal ticket himself.

i hope this is a serious REAL situation coz its so stupid!
ill be tuned in making my usual unwanted comments...lol.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:02 AM

After talking to Cwar more about this I figure the best route is to go to the coach himself. I may elaborate later, but I think I'm done here.

Also, there are at least 2 schools I know of in New York with several NBA prospects on the team.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes he did but no one let him, I believe he only did it in the last session and pretty skillfully I might seeing as I didnt notice it.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM

im not done. once coach knows he is an idiot if he dont go to fbi to wash his hands clean of this kind of thing.

sports and the scent of gambling is highly frowned upon on in this country.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:32 AM

Dont be too sure it is not about the money. Reggie Bush knew he had riches coming to him and still he could not resist all kinds of crap that would tarnish his name, legacy, and could possibly hurt his school. That is one example but I am sure there are tons more.

Many of these star athlete types do not see the big picture.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the thing that caught my attention.

I've been playing poker in homes games for almost 30 years. I started when I was 13 years old. One of the first things I learned was - no matter what - EVERYONE MUST KEEP THE CARDS ABOVE THE TABLE AT ALL TIMES!!!! It doesnt matter if you're shuffling or not. Cards should never ever go below the table at any time.

I don't care if you are playing for pennies, play money or millions; this is a simple rule that applies in every game I play. If you ever see cards go below the table, just tell the person doing it, "Please keep your cards above the table." Watch them if they continue to do it and keep reminding them.

Stuff like like what happened to you should never happen. cripes, this is so simple. /end of rant [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]