Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: NL: Why the hate on short buy-ins?

"a person that doubles up and leaves and makes this way of playing a habit. This is what kills games"

So we're concerned that there aren't enough games?
There are about a zillion 9-handed NL100 games running on Stars right now.

I've done something remotely similar to this doubling-up-and-leave type stuff while 12-tabling before. Except I don't leave until I triple or quarduple-up and sometimes not even then.

However, on all the tables I've bounced around on from one day to the next in my brief NL experience I've never really had any problems with games dying out on me with or without shortstackers.

If someone else busts-out there's almost always somebody jumping in to grab the seat.

In fact, it's hard just to get on 12 tables without using the wait-lists because every time I open a table with 7 or 8 players there's frequently somebody beating me into the seat.

Games dying? C'mon.
Plenty of tables.

The only time I have issues with games dying out come after midnight when some players are finished for the night adn are going to bed.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"a person that doubles up and leaves and makes this way of playing a habit. This is what kills games"

So we're concerned that there aren't enough games?
There are about a zillion 9-handed NL100 games running on Stars right now.

I've done something remotely similar to this doubling-up-and-leave type stuff while 12-tabling before. Except I don't leave until I triple or quarduple-up and sometimes not even then.

However, on all the tables I've bounced around on from one day to the next in my brief NL experience I've never really had any problems with games dying out on me with or without shortstackers.

If someone else busts-out there's almost always somebody jumping in to grab the seat.

In fact, it's hard just to get on 12 tables without using the wait-lists because every time I open a table with 7 or 8 players there's frequently somebody beating me into the seat.

Games dying? C'mon.
Plenty of tables.

The only time I have issues with games dying out come after midnight when some players are finished for the night adn are going to bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur right it doesnt kill the game but a person hit and running habitually just makes gamboling with him less fun which Is what I like about poker, I can sit there and gamble it up with other players, and when I get hitn runned it just leaves me angry really where if hed stay we can continue playing. Like I said I have no problem with a short stacker its a person who hits n runs. In a home game Ill play with someone who only has 20bbs but if he doubles up and says I dont wanna play anymore its like wtf? Its just a crappy move and I wouldnt want to play with him ever again.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:27 PM

I think it's remarkable how personally people take this stuff. It's not about you, it's about the money. You don't have to like it, but to call them scumbags and whatever, does that help you exploit them back, or rather does it put you on tilt when they join your table? Because my experience (no I don't shortstack as a practice, just occasionally, though I make it a point not to hit and run) is that deep stacks' contempt for short stacks lead them to make big mistakes.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:24 AM

i usually make fun of them in the poker room chats and since I am aggro they are usually all in quick.
The bad thing is when bet twice the $10 pot (betting $20) and they have to called $1 so they have odds to draw to alot.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:43 AM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to hate short stacks. They area a waste of food.