Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-28-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: IGN Top 100

1. Ocarina 2. LTTP 3. Majora's Mask 4. Twilight Prince 5. Wind Waker for me. I really hated the fact that WW had too much sailing, too much tedious treasure hunting, too small of a land world. Still an amazing game, but weaker than the other in my book. Boss battles were jokes, never really a serious threat of death, but from the start of game till the master sword was near perfect.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Ugh, I really hoped that Pokemon Blue/Red would place better than 37, might be the greatest Gameboy game ever.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I really hoped that Pokemon Blue/Red would place better than 37, might be the greatest Gameboy game ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokemon RBY is OK, but that statement is lol-worthy.

30-21 is a bit odd, by their criteria SFII should be nowhere near that low, and they're using up too many of their "cult PC games that were great but nobody bought" selections here. Also nobody's going to remember KotoR in three years' time, and Mario Kart basically was fine for a couple of years until Street Racer did everything better and MK64 surpassed it completely
Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 PM

The Zelda series goes OoT, LA, ALttP, TP and LoZ for me. Tried MM but got bored of it after the great bay temple made me lose the will to live. Tried playing Zelda 2 but could never get into it. Borrowed Wind Waker off someone but never actually put it in the Cube as Ikaruga was taking up too much time
Old 11-28-2007, 09:47 PM

there is a lot of talk about halo and the like surpassing goldeneye. fwiw, i don't even really like the halo series that much, but i will still play goldeneye from time to time.

also i would agree that there is a distinction between "great for its time" and just flat out "great right now"

games like OOT, goldeneye, smb64, smb3, and ff6 still fit that criteria of greatness for me.

of my childhood favorites, super mario kart has slipped imo and is actually probably suprassed by the gameboy advance mario kart.

haven't checked the list lately, but is civ4 up there? i could see that game still being great 15 years from now.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:05 PM

ugh. i don't think i could eat knowing i talked bad about super mario kart. i still [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it!!!!!

re: mike tyson's punchout. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

re: street figher 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
although i've always felt that sf2 got overlooked once the wave of 3d fighting games came out.

also, there sure are a lot of pc games i've never heard of in here, which makes me sad. =(
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 AM

I'm quite stoked Dragon Warrior was ranked so high.

First RPG I ever played and I loved the Dragon Warrior Series while despising the Final Fantasy series at the time.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 PM

Nice to see warcraft 2 in there so high. (Warcraft 3 better not be, and starcraft should be top 10 probably).

Aside, so did anyone else here go in and change the acknowledgments for the different characters. I mean a lot were pretty sweet already (especially when you kept clicking them) but I think I ended up a bunch anyway.

Edit - it irritates me that I only have this for the mac, and never bothered picking up a $20 box pack for the PC before it was taken off the shelf.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice to see warcraft 2 in there so high. (Warcraft 3 better not be, and starcraft should be top 10 probably).

Aside, so did anyone else here go in and change the acknowledgments for the different characters. I mean a lot were pretty sweet already (especially when you kept clicking them) but I think I ended up a bunch anyway.

Edit - it irritates me that I only have this for the mac, and never bothered picking up a $20 box pack for the PC before it was taken off the shelf.

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember downloading wardraft or w/e it was called and changed the animation of the gryphon attack from the original to something else...but i dont remember what i changed it to [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 02:08 PM

Oh man, I forgot about those mods. iirc they had some pretty cool themes developed.