Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Video - NL$25 4x FTP 45mins 140MB

Yeah decent speed here as well, 1.1MB/s - all my line can take. Will post some comments after I watch it.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:07 PM

16:11 you folded QJ in the SB to a min raise. I really prefer to play this hand in a spot like this. I think we are losing some value by not atleast calling.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:35 PM

DL'ing now
Old 10-30-2007, 08:04 PM

My thoughts but i've not been playing cash games long so take my thoughts with somewhat of a pinch of salt.

1) I thought you spoke well, good introductiona and explained your decisions well
2) You seem to be cold calling only with small pocket pairs and i think to the observant player they make realise this and as you move you will simply lose too much when you call and have to fold the flop. I sometimes 3 bet small pp's from button or cuttoff, or sometimes from blinds for deception purposes and to take the lead in the pot.
3) I don't like the kjos utg raise. First there's no way you can call a rr with it and 2nd you will be most likely oop with a marginal hand. is this reverse implied odds? Also the q10 utg altough it was a passive table. Maybe i'm too nitty.
4)I think in general your bet sizing should be slightly larger when you c bet and when your trying to get value out of hands. e.g kk at 13.52
5) You say at 16.35 you'd 3 bet aj/a10 here. surely these are the worst hands to 3 bet as if you are called you are likely to be behind the initial raisers holdings(unless he's a donk) and oop with vulnerable hand. I'd rather 3 bet ak, pp's or occasionally complete junk 740s
6) At 18.08 you raise out of sb with a10 when there are likey 3 or 4 limpers. I'd say this is dangerous, in this case you took down the pot without seeing a flop but your oop position again with easily dominated hand(but as you said nobody had shown any strength. People could easily float your cbet in position and then you may have tough decisions on later streets.
7) at 20.57 you check behind with posn with tptk. I like this as a variation in play as you have also checked behind when preflop raiser when you didn't flop anything so i like for deception although most of the time i'd bet.
8) I don't generally raise 107os when in sb into bb as oop and junk hand really. Too hard to play imo
9) I thought fold of kk really weak at 43 mins. He donk bets into for just over 1/2. I think you have to raise here, he could easily have a queen, flush draw or smaller pp. I think your ahead of his range. If he calls reevalutate turn but definitely raise flop.
10) I think you have a good understading of position which always helps so as to not get into many difficult positions.

Generally i think it was a very good video and you obviously have a good understanding of the game which should lead to you playing at higher stakes. Again maybe i'm not the best person to comment but well done/.gg
Old 10-30-2007, 08:16 PM

No pfr otb with T8s, etc prob partly accounts for your lower vpip.

Folding 78s in BvB
letting sb open limp Q9o
Old 10-30-2007, 11:32 PM

~500kb/s.

Nice video overall. I think there were some playable hands in the blinds that you passed on as noted above. I raise the KK hand.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 PM

Small stuff..
I'd defend the 87s hand as someone already mentioned vs SB open.
You steal from button w/T7o but not T8s a few hands earlier.
I go either way on the raising/folding the QJs in SB vs CO open. Raiser seemed somewhat tight so I can see the fold. But it was also a min raise if I remember correctly, which seems weak.
You fold J9o in SB vs tight BB, I'm raising tons of hands there as he will fold a lot.
I personally wouldn't have re-raised 44 in the SB vs CO opener, but your reasoning seemed sound. Maybe something I need to add as opposed to set mining with these hands.
Otherwise I thought it looked good.

Edit: Wanted to add a general comment - I thought you did a very good job in the video explaining your actions and it was overall nice quality.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:25 AM

newbie, good stuff as always. You helped me procrastinate for an hour instead of studying for my economics test...

2 things:
-your bet sizing seemed a little small, especially your c-betting.
-glad other people occasionally open in MP with those marginal hands at tight tables (A10s, KJs)
-I like your discipline from the SB (folding KQ, etc)
Old 10-31-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts but i've not been playing cash games long so take my thoughts with somewhat of a pinch of salt.

1) I thought you spoke well, good introductiona and explained your decisions well

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ~

2) You seem to be cold calling only with small pocket pairs and i think to the observant player they make realise this and as you move you will simply lose too much when you call and have to fold the flop. I sometimes 3 bet small pp's from button or cuttoff, or sometimes from blinds for deception purposes and to take the lead in the pot.
Yeah its something i've considered. However with regaurds to observant opponents, the vast majority arn't observing and my CC range adapts to my opponents. However as you've noticed, my default range is mainly PP's. This will be changed as i move back up to my original NL$200 range. ty

3) I don't like the kjos utg raise. First there's no way you can call a rr with it and 2nd you will be most likely oop with a marginal hand. is this reverse implied odds? Also the q10 utg altough it was a passive table. Maybe i'm too nitty.
I had removed KJo from my UTG range, but felti left money on the table by not playing it. So now it's back, ill monitor its performance though.

QTo is the same reasoning really, ill monitor it but for most part at a "soft abc" table i feel i can play it.

4)I think in general your bet sizing should be slightly larger when you c bet and when your trying to get value out of hands. e.g kk at 13.52

Although this is a leak i've discovered in my game and attempted to fix it, this bet IMO is adapted to this board. 377 board gets calls from PPs, overcards and 7x or 3x. I sized my bets vs villan appropiately (22/12) to slowly draw him into calling.

5) You say at 16.35 you'd 3 bet aj/a10 here. surely these are the worst hands to 3 bet as if you are called you are likely to be behind the initial raisers holdings(unless he's a donk) and oop with vulnerable hand. I'd rather 3 bet ak, pp's or occasionally complete junk 740s

Hmm kind of. With junk you rely on fold equity, with AJ vs a minraise and a PFR of 17% you'll often be facing QJ/KT/JT type hands. AJ and AT give me an edge where as QJ is often way behind IMo. AJ and AT are tricky hands though i agree, but im mainly wanting him to fold(they just give me some Showdown value vs QJ)

6) At 18.08 you raise out of sb with a10 when there are likey 3 or 4 limpers. I'd say this is dangerous, in this case you took down the pot without seeing a flop but your oop position again with easily dominated hand(but as you said nobody had shown any strength. People could easily float your cbet in position and then you may have tough decisions on later streets.

Hard to analyse "in a vacuum" this spot, all my plays are "tailored" to the situation as best as i can. Here they we're all 40VPIP limpers and they didnt cold call very much or seem to get fancy. I feel AT will take it down a tonne and AT plays good HU vs a limp/caller anyway(His range would also be narrowed now).

7) at 20.57 you check behind with posn with tptk. I like this as a variation in play as you have also checked behind when preflop raiser when you didn't flop anything so i like for deception although most of the time i'd bet.

In general slow playing is a terrible idea, it gets me into tough spots ALOT so i actually have a "No quads, no slowplay" rule, however on this board vs this villan yeah its a variation.

8) I don't generally raise 107os when in sb into bb as oop and junk hand really. Too hard to play imo
If BB folds alot, i raise ATC tbh. T7s OOP sucks yeah, but they gotta call first [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

9) I thought fold of kk really weak at 43 mins. He donk bets into for just over 1/2. I think you have to raise here, he could easily have a queen, flush draw or smaller pp. I think your ahead of his range. If he calls reevalutate turn but definitely raise flop.

I pondered on this, but raise then give a free turn card? meh.

Raise, get called, then bet turn on Axx with KK vs "fish"? Meh.

Fold? small pot, WA/WB, not much equity often - Not a bad fold IMO but yeah one of those hands....I spoke about it for ages [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

10) I think you have a good understading of position which always helps so as to not get into many difficult positions.

Generally i think it was a very good video and you obviously have a good understanding of the game which should lead to you playing at higher stakes. Again maybe i'm not the best person to comment but well done/.gg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mate, gonna reply to others now. ty
Old 10-30-2007, 08:00 PM

In the middle of it now.

Bottom right - all 5 are shorties.

Just leave man.