Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Clinton backs N.Y. driver\'s license plan for illegal immigrants

Clinton backs N.Y. driver's license plan for illegal immigrants

Hillary is catching alot of flack for this position as she should IMO. Here's a statement that's not only disingenuous but I believe gives us an insight into how she'd handle criticism if she were elected president:

"Senator Clinton supports governors like Governor Spitzer who believe they need such a measure to deal with the crisis caused by this administration's failure to pass comprehensive immigration reform," her campaign said in a statement. "As president, her goal will be to pass comprehensive immigration reform that would make this unnecessary."

First of all Bush supported comprehensive immigration reform and certainly would have signed the measure that went down in the Senate when the Republicans successfully fillibustered that bill. Second of all Bush doesn't pass any bill, Congress is to blame for the failure to deliver a bill to Hillary's liking. Thirdly, why does the failure to to pass a comprehensive immigration bill necessitate giving illegals drivers licences? Fourthly, why do we need a "comprehensive" bill dealing with illegal immigration reform anyway? And finally why do need to reform the current laws on the books regarding immigration anyway, why not just enforce the current laws?

Needless to say IMO she's not up to the task of being president, the thought of her being president makes we want to vomit.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Clinton backs N.Y. driver\'s license plan for illegal immigrants

[ QUOTE ]
First of all Bush supported comprehensive immigration reform and certainly would have signed the measure that went down in the Senate when the Republicans successfully fillibustered that bill. Second of all Bush doesn't pass any bill, Congress is to blame for the failure to deliver a bill to Hillary's liking. Thirdly, why does the failure to to pass a comprehensive immigration bill necessitate giving illegals drivers licences? Fourthly, why do we need a "comprehensive" bill dealing with illegal immigration reform anyway? And finally why do need to reform the current laws on the books regarding immigration anyway, why not just enforce the current laws?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all a game. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If this illegal immigration thing keeps Hilary from being the President, then I'll hug a Mexican. I think this whole thing is horrible for her. Not only does she have what will be a bad position in the general election, but she was also nailed by being so obviously disingenuous.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all a game. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If this illegal immigration thing keeps Hilary from being the President, then I'll hug a Mexican. I think this whole thing is horrible for her. Not only does she have what will be a bad position in the general election, but she was also nailed by being so obviously disingenuous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clinton's disingenuity(?) may seem *obvious* to those of us who don't like her already, but to a lot of people she is very sincere and genuine.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Well ya, it was already obvious to us. But what I meant was that she was sort of caught red handed in that debate, and exposed that side of her to people who otherwise would be less likely to pick up on it.

The other candidates reamed her pretty good, in ways that seemed convincing to the sheep. It was a big misstep for Hilary, and imo, her facial expressions after the debate (when she was shaking peoples' hands) wreaked of anger and frustration (masked by a smile though, obviously).
Old 11-02-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ Fourthly, why do we need a "comprehensive" bill dealing with illegal immigration reform anyway? And finally why do need to reform the current laws on the books regarding immigration anyway, why not just enforce the current laws?

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a bill dealing with immigration reform because the current immigration laws are terrible.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well ya, it was already obvious to us. But what I meant was that she was sort of caught red handed in that debate, and exposed that side of her to people who otherwise would be less likely to pick up on it.

The other candidates reamed her pretty good, in ways that seemed convincing to the sheep. It was a big misstep for Hilary, and imo, her facial expressions after the debate (when she was shaking peoples' hands) wreaked of anger and frustration (masked by a smile though, obviously).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right, yeah I'm an idiot, I wasn't even thinking along those lines. I agree.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ Fourthly, why do we need a "comprehensive" bill dealing with illegal immigration reform anyway? And finally why do need to reform the current laws on the books regarding immigration anyway, why not just enforce the current laws?

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a bill dealing with immigration reform because the current immigration laws are terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

What current laws? A news program said there was no punishment for overstaying a visa.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:40 PM

President Bush is to blame for the immigration reform bill not passing. He is a Republican president who couldn't convince a Republican congress that his bill was any good. The Democrats were largely in favor of it.

I'd rather see Hillary president with both hands tied behind her back than the current incompetent. It's hard to imagine her doing a worse job, even if she tries.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
President Bush is to blame for the immigration reform bill not passing. He is a Republican president who couldn't convince a Republican congress that his bill was any good. The Democrats were largely in favor of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, many Republicans actually supported the bill initially. Support eroded when the particulars of the bill came to light and people started griping to their representatives in Congress that the bill was a POS. It was incumbent on the Democrats to show the people why this bill was worth passing. They never did. They're the majority party in Congress for crying out loud. Bush basically supported the Democrats on that issue.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather see Hillary president with both hands tied behind her back than the current incompetent. It's hard to imagine her doing a worse job, even if she tries.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? Does this mean that she's up to the task? That isn't a positive statement about her readiness or capabilities in the least.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:39 PM

I saw on the news where spitzer said no only citizens can vote, this is only d.l.

but, what else do you need beside d.l. and proof of residence (like a lease), where youlive, to vote?

actually last time i voted I think i just needed d.l., although i think it had my current adddress.