Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 01:49 PM

Default WTH....Ask JRussell About Snowboarding, Drinking, and Polygamy in Utah

Yes, I snowboard.

Yes, I drink.

No, I am not a polygamist, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ask away!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: WTH....Ask JRussell About Snowboarding, Drinking, and Polygamy in Utah

what is drinking in Utah like?
Old 03-25-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Re: WTH....Ask JRussell About Snowboarding, Drinking, and Polygamy in

Well, the Mormans have tried their best to make it difficult for us, but their quirky little laws don't really stop anyone from getting drunk. Some of the quirky laws are:

- A person can only have one drink at a time touching their table. When you reorder a drink they must physically remove the old drink from the table before placing the new one down.

- Wine, alcohol, and beer stronger than 3.2% are only sold in state owned liquor stores.

- Mixed drinks sold in bars/nightclubs have a "metered dispenser" on the bottle which only allows the drinks to be made at 3.2%. All bartenders pool their tips, so being a heavy tipper will not get you stronger drinks.

- Bars/nightclubs must be designated as a "private club for members only". To become a member you simply sign a list at the front door.

These are just some of the more annoying drinking laws here. There are plenty more and I'll add to this list if I think of some good ones.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:33 PM

is there some sort of quality/quantity restriction on polygamy? like, if i marry amanda seyfried, am i then restricted to girls no one else wants for my next wife?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there some sort of quality/quantity restriction on polygamy? like, if i marry amanda seyfried, am i then restricted to girls no one else wants for my next wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But remember in most Polygamist enclaves the wives are assigned to you by a higer priesthood level than your own. A lot of time sit based on your status in the group.

Also remember that in mormon religion marriage is for eternity. Choose wisely as when you become a god of your own world you will have a lot of procreating to do.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. But remember in most Polygamist enclaves the wives are assigned to you by a higer priesthood level than your own. A lot of time sit based on your status in the group.

Also remember that in mormon religion marriage is for eternity. Choose wisely as when you become a god of your own world you will have a lot of procreating to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing that is strongly based upon your status in the church is where your sons end-up as missionaries. Being higher up in the church means your son will probably be assigned to a mission in somewhere like Florida or the Caribbean. The poor guys on the bottom get sent to places like Somalia instead.

BTW - How can one choose wisely when the wives are assigned to him? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, but I think if you're married to her it might make your job of finding additional hot wives easier. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2006, 02:41 AM

Are you serious?
Old 03-26-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

What, you think I actually sat here and made this stuff up! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, I am deadly serious.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:07 PM

- Mixed drinks sold in bars/nightclubs have a "metered dispenser" on the bottle which only allows the drinks to be made at 3.2%. All bartenders pool their tips, so being a heavy tipper will not get you stronger drinks.

Can you just order a shot and mix it yourself? In SC the bars I used to go to that had video poker had to sell you an airplane bottle with your coke and you had to make your own drink, funny how they think these things will change anything.

I dont guess there are any strip clubs in Utah?