Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

Holy cow Doyle is the man. To make a fold like that is just amazing, I mean he had the "3rd nuts" (well, not really...), yet he trust his read and was 100% correct.

Too bad Gold is so bad he thought he was holding the nuts...
Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And he never has JsXs either as well, cause Jamie loves pair+fd and would have bet the flop with those.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very interesting point. Never thought of that. Nor did anyone else it seems.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its results oriented man to save the day!

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "result," you mean folding the 3rd nuts, then yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great players can fold big hands.

Also, ban. Or go post in OOT for about, oh, idk, 2 or 3 minutes, preferably on a Friday night around 2:30 am NYC time.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy cow Doyle is the man. To make a fold like that is just amazing, I mean he had the "3rd nuts" (well, not really...), yet he trust his read and was 100% correct.

Too bad Gold is so bad he thought he was holding the nuts...

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't enter Gold's thinking pattern that he was beat at the time. If Doyle would have re-raised on the turn, Gold would have started to think about it. He doesn't think like a great player. If Doyle calls on the turn and there's no pair or spade on the river,Jamie goes all-in without a doubt. Doyle read him perfectly. I think Doyle calls with the Jack-high flush, two possible higher flushes and Jamie's misplaced confidence added up to a no call.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:19 AM

When the spade hit I couldnt picture a way that all the money would get in the middle.

When Jamie C/R I tried to figure out a way that Doyle could win the hand and I couldn't. I knew he wouldn't reraise, thought he might call but fold to a river bet, then figured he would probably fold the turn.

So needless to say, it didn't surprise me in the least (i was way more surprised a couple hands later when he folded AK).

I'm definitely not a NL expert but I did play in an uncapped NL game with a couple of maniacs for a couple of months, so Ive been in plenty of situations where Ive folded hands that were shoves in a 100BB game
Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 AM

benyamine vs gold = best/funniest hsp hand eva.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle's read was right

[/ QUOTE ]

No, apparently it wasn't. Generally, when your read is correct, you are going to call or raise when you have the best hand, not fold. It's hard to say his read was correct when he gave away the chance to win hundreds of thousands of dollars in a situation where his opponent was drawing dead.

I'm not going to say it was a terrible unforgivable mistake to fold there, but it wasn't the "right read."

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, this guy has no clue how to play deep stack NL holdem. Of course Doyle's read was right. My friends and I were watching the episode and as soon as Jamie gave his speech about how it was time for him to pull off a really big bluff on Doyle, I turned to them and said Doyle is going to fold. This is because Jamie sounded ridiculously confident and Doyle only had 30k invested in the pot. If he thinks there is a high likelihood that Gold has a higher flush it is a clear fold to avoid putting in an additional 450k drawing dead.

Doyle is sitting at a table with Guy, Gold, and Farha, clearly he thinks he can find a better spot eventually. Granted this is a great spot too and if it had ocurred further into the session I am sure doyle would have pushed, but early on it is hard to see Jamie as actually bluffing with the speech he gave.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "no," I assume you mean "yes," especially since the hole card cameras showed us Doyle folding the 3rd nuts.

When I have the 3rd nuts against a crazy man, and I feel he has a good hand, this makes me happy. I know he will stack off when I shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

You play 1-2 nl with a $200 max buyin at best.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:41 AM

1) I hope my boy Doyle breaks jamie
2) Aren't some of these guys accustomed to playing in the big game in the Belagio so the stakes so a few of them aren't "ultra ultra" high?
3) I miss crazy Sammy
4) Seriously someone bust jamie
Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the river Gold is actually liable to play it pretty well with a decent mix of bluffs and value bets with a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just isn't true at all. In previous episodes Gold has shown that he has no idea how to balance his bluffs with value bets. He has missed a ton of value on the river throughout this series.