Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 AM

Default TT in BB

Live tournament with a ~$160 buy-in. 10k startchips, 60 entries.

I have 12k chips and a very tight image.

75/150, UTG+2 (11k) raises to 400 and get two callers, folded to me in BB and I have T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The raiser is pretty loose but not stupid, and I am pretty confident I have the best hand. I am also quite sure that none of the coldcaller have anything that they will play for a significant raise, and if I raise, some of them pushing all-in I am very confident its as worst a flip.

Whats my play? Calling is somewhat standard but I think raising might be better, the problem with making it like ~2,2k (with intention of fold if OR pushes, I really dont like 3-bet/call here vs him) is that I have to fold if original raiser reraises and I have in a way turned my hand into 72o. It would be another case with a hand like AQ sinse I block some high cards making it less possible he has AK or a high PP. I guess just folding the hand is out of the question, or?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: TT in BB

Folding ??? is absolutely awful. The raise came from early position and you are OOP. Flat calling is very standard. You are getting excellent odds just for your set. Pick another time for a loose reraise.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:04 PM

Even against the tightest of opponents you have to call and try to hit a set. If you do call i think you mostly have to fold post-flop if you miss the set.

Re-raising is alright if the villains range is very loose - most PPs/High Cards/A7+. Even if this was the case i still prefer calling and trying to stack the guy if you hit the set if he is loose post-flop as well.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 AM

any more opinions? I'm not really sure what my question is actually but something along the lines with:

if I think a reraise (and fold to a push from original raiser) in this spot is profitable is it still better to just call because I almost turn my hand into air by doing it? about the only differense between TT and 74o here is in the case of OR folding and one of the coldcallers push I will call with the tens, I had a pretty good read on both of them that they just like to see flops when somehwhat "cheap" with speculative hand and would about never coldcall here with something huge.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 AM

I'd make it ~2600 to go. Set-mining is obviously fine but I'd rather take the pot now than play OOP four-way. It's a fairly easy fold live if OR shoves into a tight RR-ing BB. He's not going to have 99 or AQ.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:42 AM

If you flat call, the are obviously not always folding if you miss a set. There is a good chance you are ahead on a low flop and with any hand there are situation where you make a play for the pot. It can sometimes be a tricky hand to play OOP though.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:48 PM

Its nice to play TT heads up. That way 2 6 Q doesnt look so bad.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:31 AM

set mine that ho...did i use that term correctly? cant fold IMO with 11k nice odds for your set...call
Old 11-01-2007, 01:33 AM

i have a question about this hand for some of you more enlightened...is it more EV to just call and look for your set, or to raise and hope you get everyone to fold, however if they call there are not many flops that will be appealing, and if they raise its an obv fold...thoughts? this question is for hands like AQ and JJ as well
Old 11-01-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd make it ~2600 to go. Set-mining is obviously fine but I'd rather take the pot now than play OOP four-way. It's a fairly easy fold live if OR shoves into a tight RR-ing BB. He's not going to have 99 or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
2600, really? isnt like 2200-2300 enough? 2075 total is a pot sized raise (no ante).