Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: NL50 - KK on A high flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3bet pre and bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did 3bet preflop and I can see few good reasons to bet this flop. He is either way ahead or way behind. The only reason would be protection against a flushdraw... So. Care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I missed he 3bet pre.
Checking Ace high flop in position after 3betting pre, is always like opening your hand face up. Unless of course your 3bet range is wild. Considering most 3bets in micros are from premium hands, please tell me what hand that 3bets preflop checks the following flops behind:

1) A high.
2) K or Q high.
3) Rag board.

Add to this scenarios how connected or monotone the board is and acehud stats - you can deduce opponents hand to 1 or 2 holdings like 80% of the time. There are other reasons of course, namely metagame ones.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:09 AM

I really don't like the check on the flop, you 3bet pre and say "MUAHAHAHA I HAVE A MONSTOR" then you check the flop. What exactly do you do if the villain makes a PSB here? In a 3-bet pot I will be betting this if the preflop raisor checks to me almost every single time. I will be making you throw away a big hand, probably the best.

3 betting range is small at micro limits - AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ. If I see an ace on the flop in a 3bet pot the cash is going in almost always. This is why I always bet out. If they are making a play for the hand they have to bet _really_ big and risk a lot to take it from me.

I agree if you get called it puts you into a bad spot. Trying to play KK oop on an Ace high flop ain't easy street though.

Would you be c/r or bet/3betting with AA/AK/AQ on this flop? If every 3 bet pot you play transparently better players will exploit you.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:14 PM

I like this discussion; seems to cover alot of the more tricky situations that are hard to think through as a beginner.