Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 09:56 PM

Default ept monte carlo questions

Im thinking about making last minute plans to take a trip to monte carlo and play in the ept final. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with this tourny. Ive never played in any large buyin tourny so I dont know what to expect, or even how to buyin. Anyone know if you can buyin directly through a poker site, like pokerstars or fulltilt? Thanks for your insight
Old 03-17-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: ept monte carlo questions

its gonna be soft, u gotta wire em money I think
Old 03-18-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its gonna be soft, u gotta wire em money I think

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be fairly tough for a major tournament with $13K buyin and the European location. Still there will probably be a minority of professional players. I haven't played it, but am going by logic and what I have heard and read.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:47 AM

I played in it last year. It's like the WSOP main event was pre-moneymaker. They expect about 600 entries.

I'm pretty sure you can buyin thru Stars or go to ept.com for the bank wire details.

I think the hotel is now full, but MC is tiny and you should be able to find a hotel within walking distance.

There are no cash games allowed but they do run sitngos and other tournaments.

MC is an odd place and I suppose worth seeing, but I wouldn't rush back, oh and don't eat the burgers unless you like raw meat.....
Old 03-18-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

MC is an odd place and I suppose worth seeing, but I wouldn't rush back, oh and don't eat the burgers unless you like raw meat.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you go to France to eat a hamburger?
Old 03-18-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the food in France is not all that. They use completely different spices than we do, or none at all, and I hated the milk there. One of my best meals in Paris was at the Hard Rock- a hamburger, fries and beer- and at just under 30 euro it was one of the cheapest, too.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the food in France is not all that. They use completely different spices than we do, or none at all, and I hated the milk there. One of my best meals in Paris was at the Hard Rock- a hamburger, fries and beer- and at just under 30 euro it was one of the cheapest, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol
Old 03-18-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of setting off a nit alert MC isn't actually France.

When you get out of bed at 2pm and a tourney starts at 4, a burger from the room service menu seems like the thing. When the stomach cramps start you realise it wasn't.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of setting off a nit alert MC isn't actually France.

When you get out of bed at 2pm and a tourney starts at 4, a burger from the room service menu seems like the thing. When the stomach cramps start you realise it wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a real American stereotype to complain about the food in France or Monte carlo or whatever because they don't make hamburgers like at home.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a real American stereotype to complain about the food in France or Monte carlo or whatever because they don't make hamburgers like at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually Scottish and couldn't find haggis or deep fried Mars bars anywhere but they would probably have fu**ed them up.

Seriously though I was on the toilet for 48 hours - that isn't a matter of culinary style.

(BTW I know it is a bit crass to visit somewhere and not sample the local food so I do take your point.)