Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 11:48 AM

Default NL200 - KK

SB is a terrible player, he's the reason I'm at this table. He calls about 60% preflop and will float every street hoping to catch a pair.

Not to many hands on BB, but he seems like a solid player.

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (CO): $203.15
BTN: $198.65
SB: $214.05
BB: $319
UTG: $184.95
MP: $316.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 6 players)
UTG calls $2, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $8, BB calls $7, UTG calls $7

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($36, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $15</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $15, SB calls $15

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [3] ($81, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero ?
Old 02-14-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: NL200 - KK

with as many draws as there are out there...i cant see checkin the turn and given them a free pass...1/2 to 2/3 the pot sounds good to me

I probably raise the flop though to like 40
Old 02-14-2007, 01:13 PM

I'd bet 1/2 pot-probably fold if reraise. If blank hits, see what SB/BB do. Real leary though of any bet on river by blinds if they stick around.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:30 PM

These hand have been giving me the red ass lately. when Its multiway throught the flop on drawy board, the pot is getting big for one pair but you have to get value from draws. I think a bet of 45-50 is good. I've been getting pushed on in alot of these spots lately, probably variance but it sucks.

If you had an OESD instead of a ISD , I think a check would be ok.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:33 PM

I'm guessing we called flop instead of raise since we wanted SB calling. And now we have a tough spot since if BB is good he'll know we have an overpair and need to bet and protect here, that SB will call and then he can raise and extract good value. However, I think we have to take that risk because there are about 1.5billion draws there
Old 02-14-2007, 01:55 PM

I'm not sure why I just called the flop. As I mentioned, BB is a decent player so his bet surprised me. I think the board kind of scared me and I just called. Looking at it now I wish I would have raised the flop.

I did bet $55 on the turn, SB folded and BB went AI. I folded. Was that a mistake?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:10 PM

Wow what a rough spot. My gut feeling is that BB is drawing and was looking the whole time to make a big push move, so I would probably make a loose call here. Looks to me like his flop bet was an attempt to bet/3bet all in, and once that didn't pan out he decided to crai the turn. Folks will likely advocate a fold here, but in the heat of the moment I'm likely trimming his range down to stuff I beat and clicking call - reasoning that hands that flopped big wouldn't make such a tiny bet into a drawy board, especially with fishy loose SB in the hand. I like to put people on a hand I can beat and then call ;-)
Old 02-14-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow what a rough spot. My gut feeling is that BB is drawing and was looking the whole time to make a big push move, so I would probably make a loose call here. Looks to me like his flop bet was an attempt to bet/3bet all in, and once that didn't pan out he decided to crai the turn. Folks will likely advocate a fold here, but in the heat of the moment I'm likely trimming his range down to stuff I beat and clicking call - reasoning that hands that flopped big wouldn't make such a tiny bet into a drawy board, especially with fishy loose SB in the hand. I like to put people on a hand I can beat and then call ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Supporting your theory is the unlikelihood that a straight draw checks the turn here. He had just a call behind him on the flop. If he flopped a straight, two pair and maybe even a set on that flop, not sure he checks the turn with only calls behind him on the flop.

I probably make a loose call here, prepared to see almost anything. A T could chop and a K or second pair could win it. My gut read..he may have a QK diamonds here.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 PM

you need to raise this flop bet from BB. he bet 15 into 36 drawy heavy pot, it looks like a blocker bet for his draw and you dont want this to go 3handed to the turn. As played, I bet the turn