Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Re: 2/4, Am I getting bluffed?

[ QUOTE ]
bufo gives me troubles

[/ QUOTE ]

he actually doesnt give me troubles, seems straightforward to me, but i thought maybe this was an interesting spot.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:05 PM

this is a fold, i'm shocked by the miserable-ass situations ppl are thinking of calling in lately.

(no disrespect)
Old 01-06-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a fold, i'm shocked by the miserable-ass situations ppl are thinking of calling in lately.

(no disrespect)

[/ QUOTE ]

i folded. i just thought he took a weird line and am trying to work on hand-reading.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:27 AM

The point about the button is the best one. Consider that. He's raising you and then doesn't care about the button behind. He has to have a hand here. It's sooo much closer if this pot is heads up. Fold in this spot. I don't think he's creative enough to use the button as protection (i.e.: he is on air and is trying to use the button as a blocker for never doing it here since its a multiway pot).
Old 01-06-2007, 03:41 AM

As played I would fold, but I wouldn't bet the turn, especially if he's capable of raising here with air.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:51 AM

Definite fold to his raise. You say he gives you respect, well you could easily be betting a strong hand after flop checked through. Now he raises with player to act behind him? He's definitely ahead of you, question is what is his range, and is fold equity alone enough to make this play. Imo the answer is no.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:00 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Definite fold to his raise. You say he gives you respect, well you could easily be betting a strong hand after flop checked through. Now he raises with player to act behind him? He's definitely ahead of you, question is what is his range, and is fold equity alone enough to make this play. Imo the answer is no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't understand why he would check the flop with a hand that beats us here. He knows button doesn't have much and for some reason he thinks he can push us off our hand.

I think we are often ahead and if we're not, we have up to 11 outs. So I'd call and stack off at a blank river if necessary.

What does villain have, and why did he check it on the flop? It doesn't make sense that he has us beat the majority of the time.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:29 AM

You would stack off here? Wow - you know, it doesnt always have to make sense how people play hands, right? You can mix things up to convince other players to make errors like we might do if we stack off here.

Lets be reasonable, you initially invested 20 $ and if someone had shown aggression on the flop your cards would have landed in the muck - nobody ever would have thought about stacking off with TT here - but now after someone shows delayed aggression you suddenly are willing to put all your chips in with a more than marginal hand - personally i dont think thats a good play...
Old 01-06-2007, 09:40 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
You would stack off here? Wow - you know, it doesnt always have to make sense how people play hands, right? You can mix things up to convince other players to make errors like we might do if we stack off here.

Lets be reasonable, you initially invested 20 $ and if someone had shown aggression on the flop your cards would have landed in the muck - nobody ever would have thought about stacking off with TT here - but now after someone shows delayed aggression you suddenly are willing to put all your chips in with a more than marginal hand - personally i dont think thats a good play...

[/ QUOTE ]

The decision is between calling down his bluffs or just folding. We're getting about 32:49 for a calldown if he (worst case scenario) pushes the river. So are we good at the river 40% of the time if he pushes there? I'd say yes. And if he would give up on his bluffs after he's getting called on the turn it's even better for us. And of course, a lot of the time we improve.

The only reasonable hand he could have is a 4. That would actually make sense.