Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: live poker scare in thailand

[ QUOTE ]
Of course the things he didnt mention were cash bribes. Obviously they are not going to ask their girlfriends to sleep with the police to get them off the line.

"Resources" = Cash under the table

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 PM

Not moving to Thailand anymore. [censored] that.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:37 AM

very scary stuff. Good to hear everything was settled without harsh penalties. Reminder to myself, no poker in Thailand....
Old 07-28-2007, 08:07 AM

Haha, the police in Laos are way too corrupt and incompetent for this to ever happen.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fully concur with Degen's appraisal of selflessness being Thai girls' nature. My gf and I have plenty of arguments indoors, but when we go outside she is fiercely supportive and defensive of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Face.
Could be considered as total selfishness, it's more complicated than that i know, but it's not selflessness.

How much face would she lose if some people saw her having arguments with her bf? And how much would she lose if those people saw her not being supportive of her man?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fully concur with Degen's appraisal of selflessness being Thai girls' nature. My gf and I have plenty of arguments indoors, but when we go outside she is fiercely supportive and defensive of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Face.
Could be considered as total selfishness, it's more complicated than that i know, but it's not selflessness.

How much face would she lose if some people saw her having arguments with her bf? And how much would she lose if those people saw her not being supportive of her man?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also an element of it I'm sure. But, it's not a bad part either. Too many western girls wouldn't think twice about [censored] on their man in public just to prove how imortant they are to their gfs or whoever.

If it's partially for face reasons I can live with it since I don't have to deal with women trying to prove they have a bigger dick than every man they meet. (Neglecting the katoey factor of course [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
Old 07-28-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Face.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also an element of it I'm sure. But, it's not a bad part either. Too many western girls wouldn't think twice about [censored] on their man in public just to prove how imortant they are to their gfs or whoever.

If it's partially for face reasons I can live with it since I don't have to deal with women trying to prove they have a bigger dick than every man they meet. (Neglecting the katoey factor of course [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I guess the face thing can be positive too just have to know how to deal with it.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:05 PM

Thailand sounds just like...

Georgia: http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news...s/187508.shtml

New Jersey: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/t...-7388343c.html

NC: http://www.myfoxwghp.com/myfox/pages/New...mp;pageId=3.2.1

New Hampshire: http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?...e4-92d50bcc3a1d

Tennessee: http://www.wmcstations.com/Global/story.asp?S=6782448