Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: The Übernit

[ QUOTE ]

What you described is not real poker, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily I never claimed it to be .... Also I've loud and clearly avoided the subject of stealing as well

Tho actually once you've gone thru the process of balancing your ranges, you can get very far playing like this.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gelford, ty for posting.

A question:

[ QUOTE ]

Facing a raise without coldcallers:
Reraise QQ+
Call AK (and AQ)

[/ QUOTE ]...[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should call small pp's for set value

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a missing section on medium pairs here? or is anything <QQ to be dumped unless there is a cold-caller?

Many thanks,

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh ... yes, there is a hole in the chart there. Basically I've avoided all marginal situations here, and those medium pp's often end up in marginal situations, where you need to read.

I prefer coldcalling those and then to play poker once the flop hits. Sometimes this means playing from behind (ip), sometimes it means folding a lot of flops ... and since we are not playing for set value, then in order to stay profitable, you sometimes represent a set as a bluff.

OOP is even more tricky .. against a tight raiser I fold a lot ... against a VERY loose raiser, you might threat say 99 like if it was the mortal nutz and repop him pf ... and for all those in between raisers, I might call with the intention of checkraising an appropriate flop (tho folding pf is never a large mistake)

Experience and stoving ftw! ... (And tbh, I've need to do a lot more stoving myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 11-12-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did this for about an hour and went on massive tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha ... you limidonk [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm .... so this has even caught the eye of the experienced poster [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well Ama, you're no noob, so if you want to test this out, add SC's and maybe SC1s to your pf ranges asap (but if you want to stay true to the übernit way of life, don't coldcall raises. Keep the pump working, primarily raising first in .. and only 3betting trash for balance once in a while)
Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you consider me a noob gel?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're one of the few 2+2'ers that I don't have a big read on. So you must do something right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Heh, you are right that no one adjusts. That's what put me on tilt. Oh, that and all my big hands getting pwned. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

About 30 mins into it I started c/r'ing my mid/small pairs on the flop. I think one person folded and I did it like 9 times lol.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Heh, you are right that no one adjusts. That's what put me on tilt. Oh, that and all my big hands getting pwned. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha ... yeah, I should follow up with a 'Now that you gotten sets, overpairs and tptk cracked non-stop for weeks, why shouldn't you just jump out of the window' post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Did a small experiment at .02/.05 along these lines just now, I didnt follow the rules exactly (sometimes called a raiser w PPs in position without any callers in between, sometimes made a few 3bets not prescribed against bad lags, etc) but i didnt play anything other than 22+, AQ+. Some pf folds felt a little gross, especially otb vs a limper or 2, or in BvB situations. I've never played as tight as this before (8/6.5, ubernit indeed) and i've never played more than 6 tables before either, but i bumped it up to 9-10 for this, but i dont think it caused any mistakes given the simplicity of the system. Obviously I ran pretty hot, didnt have AA or KK cracked once, and actually picked them up above expectation too. Anyway, I think i'm going to play a few thousand more hands and get a feel for what my actual winrate is, i'll post more results if anyone cares. Also, i'd be interested to know if anyone has tried this out at 10nl or above.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:20 PM

I've actually be experimenting with something similar as well. After dropping 7 buy-ins at 25NL pretty quickly at the end of October (I was trying to be too tricky), I decided to try an experiment for November. I dropped down to 10NL, and I've been playing 12/9 "mindless" poker, while multi-tabling. It's been working. Obviously it's VERY boring, but I've ran about 5.75/100PTBB over 10k. You'd be surprised how many times you think you are playing your hand face-up, but people still pay you off with mediocre hands.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha ... that is simply brilliant, let's gogogogogogo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]